Friday, March 19, 2010

He Did It!


I'm now the proud mother of an Eagle Scout! Caleb had his Board of Review last night and despite being very nervous, he did great and made quite the impression. When they called Rob and I in the room after his interview, they congratulated us on having such an exceptional young man. They said he "passed" and they officially recognized Caleb as an Eagle Scout.

It was one of those moments as a mother that make my sometimes thankless job so rewarding. The same type of feeling I had when he won the school spelling bee two years in a row. The same feeling I had during those many parent teacher conferences when I was told what a great kid I had. I have to hang onto these moments because he is a teenager and he does have those teenager-attitude-moments.

We are so very proud of this boy and his accomplishments. He set a goal long ago that he would get his Eagle when he was 14 and he did it. He worked hard and never gave up even when he didn't think it would ever end.

We are looking forward to his Court of Honor which will be probably the first part of May. I'm a little intimidated since the last few we have attended were pretty extravagant. I'm sure I'll be asking for some advice from my sister who just did this a few months ago. Oh, and you are all invited!

16 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I already knew he was an awesome kid. I've loved that boy like crazy since the moment I bought him those adorable yellow, read and blue underwear and saw him pee on the potty!
Good job Caleb! And you too Em.
By the way, you look gorgeous as always Emily. No fair.

Stephanie said...

Way to go, Caleb! So proud of him.

Anna B said...

Excellente'...now you can concentrate on pursueing girls! I mean preparing for a mission. Great job.

Kris said...

Seriously this is so exciting. I can't wait to tell Jack. He'll think that this is awesome. Good Job Emily and good Job Caleb. This is a huge accomplishment!

AllisonEsplinPhotography said...

Kaleb is a great kid! We are so happy for him.

Memzy said...

Way to go Caleb!! I'll be promptly showing this to Brains.

Nicole said...

That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

KunaBoy said...

Congrats to Caleb! He's one of a kind!

handmadegiftsarebest said...

Congratulations to Caleb! that is wonderful. I know he worked very hard to get it and learned a lot and even learned to sew his badges on. that is true dedication. congratulations to the proud parents. I know that all of you worked for it.

Teresa Johnson said...

YEA, Congrats! You looks so beautiful in that pic too!

Williams Family Dirt said...

That is awesome! Congratulations to Caleb!

Anonymous said...

Will you still be in AZ cause we'd love to come and see this. I didn't even know he was a scout let alone working on his Eagle Scout!
I'm very proud of him. What a great son you have!

Anna B said...

I'm so proud of YOU and Caleb. Mom's totally deserve pats on the back for these sort of things. I wish we could be at his Court of Honor too. Brigg could sit in his "Eagle Nest."

Joseph and Tiffany said...

You've got some awesome kids Emily! Seriously, what an exceptional young man!

E said...

Congrats Caleb! That was fast!

Lynette said...

Congratulations to Caleb! He really is an outstanding young man.