Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Classic!

One of the benefits of being one of 8 children is that I get to be the aunt to lots of amazing nieces and nephews!

Sixteen to be exact.

And, that's just on MY side of the family. All of my nieces and nephews are unique and talented in their own way. It's really fun to watch my brothers and sisters be parents and to recognize the similarities (and differences) in our parenting styles.

One of my most favorite nephews is my sister Anna's son, Hayden. This kid is one-of-a-kind! He is not only a super talented athlete, but he is brilliant. He also happens to be one of the most social kids I know. He has twice as many friends on Facebook as I do and he's not even 13 yet. He's a chick magnet and fashion savvy. He also happens to have a heart of gold. He is just an all around cool kid.

Here's where I get to pick on Hayden.

Remember when you were 12 or 13 and were finally allowed to babysit? Remember how you would peek out the front window and make sure the kids' parents were long gone and then look through their cupboards for junk food? Or maybe snoop through their junk drawer or medicine cabinet just because you were curious? Not that I ever did that, but you know...

I remember wondering if they had secretly hidden a video camera and were recording my every move. I was a very exceptional babysitter by the way and highly sought after. And, if they had recorded my every move, they would have seen me reading to the children, cleaning up their messes and doing their dishes. You know, things that most babysitters these days don't do. What you wouldn't have seen my doing is messing around on their computer. Partly because I would never do that but mostly because people didn't really have home computers when I was 12.

Boy have times changed.

If you want a really good laugh and you aren't a regular visitor on my sister's blog click here for a golden nugget of comedic pleasure. This totally made my day and I may or may not have had to change my pants afterward.

4 comments:

Anna B said...

Thanks for the shout out Em. He is such a great kid. It made my day too.

tharker said...

Awesome!!!

Hot Pants said...

Hilarious!

E said...

I loved it! So funny