Monday, August 10, 2009

Back Into the Swing of Things (Sort of)

Life is starting to settle down just a little and I'm finally getting into a nice routine. The kids enjoyed their first week of school and seem to be happy with their teachers. Caleb completed his first week of High School and is really enjoying it so-far. He says it's MUCH better than Middle School. He started seminary also and hasn't complained too much (yet) about having to wake up so early.

I love getting to spend the day with just the two youngest. Rachel has transformed into the perfect angel child and I'm loving every second I have to spend with her. Tait is, well...Tait. Seriously the easiest baby ever--super well natured and easy to please.

Rob is working hard so that we can enjoy life and he continues to carry more than his weight while he's here at home. He's always trying to make my life easier and I'm really grateful for that. Now, if he would just get his part of the closet cleaned out...

We LOVE this house. Love it. We are really crossing our fingers that we can make it permanent. It's perfect for our big family and we really, really don't want to move again.

My marathon training is going great. I can't believe it's only 50-something days away. I was so happy to reunite with my original running partner, Cherise on Friday. We pushed out 12 miles and I was really pleased with myself and the fact that it was fairly painless and enjoyable. I'm bracing myself for the 16 miles that's coming up soon though.

One of the drawbacks of this rigorous training has been the toll it has taken on my already ugly toes.

This isn't a very good picture, but if you look closely you can see that my toes are nasty. My third toenail is about to fall off. That makes 3 toenails so far that I've lost in this process. I bought brand new running shoes just a few months ago and because of the crazy miles I've put on them, I'm going shopping this weekend for new ones. I guess I can be excited about that at least. Running has taught me some things about myself that I didn't know before. I am much stronger and tougher than I ever realized before. I also now know that I have muscles that I didn't know I had. It's been a really neat experience and I'm not planning on stopping even when the marathon is over.

I guess that's about it. That's all I could muster up. I'm really hoping that with school back in session I will now have more time to keep up with my boring blog. I'm also hoping that certain people will start blogging again (looking at you Anna) because I miss the updates. You are all my connection to the outside world and I love hearing anything you have to say!

12 comments:

eekareek said...

Okay, I will start blogging again. j/k

Cristin said...

Your so lucky!!! I wish my kids were back in school, we still have 1 more month.

Your poor poor toes...ouchy. I will now stop complaining about having constant blisters on my feet. I rather have them and keep my toenails. haha So what's up with the house? I don't think I got the whole story, just that you were moving. WAs it to get into a bigger place? Are you selling your old house?

ManicMandee said...

I love that you love running now. I can't wait to get back into it. I'm so proud of how good you are!

I want to see photos of your new house.

Thanks for the great update. Keep them coming. Love you.

Mary said...

Wow! Everyone seems to be getting into running these days. I'll never be able to do it, but I dream about it. I mean that literally. I actually have dreams where I'm running and they are my favorite dreams!

Karrie said...

I had to change goals, and am now looking at a half marathon in Bako. I have to have something to train for, or else I don't train. Good for you, I know you will do great! After taking a three week break, I need to start back up again-

Your poor toes. That only happens to real runners. I am not a real runner (yet)- and you can paint them, no? I would love to see the look on the pedicurist's face to see missing toenails and bruised piggies...

Maddie said...

Mom I will never be into running. Its hot and its boring. Emily, your toes confirm my decision..OUCH!

Memzy said...

Nice toes!!! That's super cool. I actually love getting "beat up" by stuff like that. A badge of honor.

Pics of house!! Pics of house!!

E said...

I wanna see pictures of your new house too! And your poor feet. That doesn't happen to me, so you must be a way faster runner.

handmadegiftsarebest said...

Yuk! Those toes look awful. I hope they don't hurt. You have more guts than a salughter house!

I want to see house pictures too. Keep up the good work.

Lynette said...

You are amazing with your marathon training. I can't believe that the actual day is coming up so soon. Good luck!

Christina said...

Awesome on your running Emily! You are so dedicated even with the move and summer craziness that we all experience!! You are great and I hope the house works out and let me know if you need help with anything. I know it is hard to unpack and put things back together again. I'm up for taking your kids at home anytime. Talk to you later!:0

Stephanie said...

Ouch! No pain no gain I guess. I admire you for being willing to run a marathon!