As fate would have it, Rob was able to reunite with an old childhood friend while we were in Tokyo. They both grew up in Blackfoot together and Steve happens to be working and living in Tokyo. He and his cute wife (who is native Japanese) showed us around and Rob and Steve were able to catch up on things after 14+ years.
While we were out with the Wixom's, we went to a very nice outdoor mall where we found a Cold Stone Creamery. It was really good! Different, but good. I had to snap a quick video of the workers. They were SO HAPPY and cheery. It was the funniest thing. If you put a tip in their jar (the only place in Japan I ever saw a tip jar), they would sing. They sang American songs and with their strong accents it was really cute. If you listen closely at the end of the video, you can catch Rob speaking Japanese for a split second.

14 comments:
Soo fun! The singing is adorable! Makes me happy.
How cool to see an old friend!
I think at cold stone, you have to sing, we have one here and they sing every time someone walks through the door. Good ice cream but it is different and it's pretty rich. HOw funny that they do that there. I sooooo want to go to Japan.... someday...oh yes someday...
You do look like you could be a movie star. It sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to show Jeff all the pictures.
I am really enjoying reading your journal of events - it sounds like you had such a great time!
When Ed was in China, all the kids would make the same sign with their fingers. Ed asked his host student what that meant, and he said that it meant "Victory over Japan." Hmmmm, so I wonder what it means for a Japanese doing it.
Your trip has been a blast to read. The wrestlers are just charming.
You just look like it was a complete blast.
That is so cute...made my day! :o)
Japan is looking more fun with each one of your reports.
How fun! I love the singing!
Sounds like a fun trip!
Fun at cold stone! I can't tell what they are singing though.
Loved all the pics! What a trip to remember.
I'm still jealous.
Weird coincidence about Rob's childhood friend living there! Sounds like so much fun. Got more for us?
I love this video. They look like very happy people there at Cold Stone. How fun to hook up with some of Rob's friends.
Post a Comment