Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just Checking In...

We arrived in Japan Wednesday night and it has pretty much been non-stop since we got here. There has been very little relaxation and a whole lot of walking. I've never walked more in my life. Rob has been in meetings for a large portion of our trip, but we did get to spend the entire day together yesterday, which was nice. I'm not going to go into any boring details about our trip yet. I have taken a ton of pictures and will do several posts when I get home.

I am super homesick and am missing the kids really bad. I have to really focus on other things and not even think about them, or I just get emotional. It's pathetic. Mother's Day was really weird for me. We are so far ahead in the time zone, that Mother's Day was yesterday for me (Saturday in AZ). It was weird not being with my kids. We talked to our Mom's today and that was nice. I'm sure my MIL is having the best mother's day ever (said sarcastically). I'm afraid my kids are giving her a run for her money. We will never be able to repay her in this lifetime for what she must be going through. I am enjoying this experience very much and it is unlike anything I could have imagined. There just aren't words to explain how neat this has been. I really had no expectations when I got here, but it has been far better than I expected. I can't wait to share more when I get back. I'll give the whole rundown for anybody who cares.

The one thing I want to say is how uncomfortable I am with people serving me. That is one thing about this country--the people REALLY serve you and treat you like you are royalty. It's uncomfortable for me. I really have fallen in love with the people of Japan. They are so charming and kind. Well, I guess that's it for now. I'm going to make the most of these last couple days!

7 comments:

E said...

Can't wait for the pictures and the play by play! Glad you're having fun, despite being homesick.

Stephanie said...

We are excited to hear more about your adventures! I saw you MIL at church on Sunday and she was still smiling. She said your two littlest are such great kids. I think they've been really good for her!

ManicMandee said...

I'm so glad it's been a good trip for you. Looking forward to more details!

Teresa Johnson said...

Have Fun! Anxiously awaiting the pics!

Anonymous said...

So cool. Have fun!

tharker said...

I still can't believe you're in JAPAN!!!!

Elizabeth Bailey Waite said...

I am so happy you got this wonderful experience! I hope you get many more to come.