Left to right: Becky, Amanda, Anna and Emily)
My life lately has been non-stop crazy! Actually, it's always crazy, but it's been extra crazy lately. I won't bore you with too much...
I just got back late last night from a really fun weekend with my sisters and sister-in-law (who is pretty much my sister). We attended Women's Conference at BYU and it was great. Just what I needed actually. I learned a lot and hopefully my mothering skills have improved. My sanity has at least. It was so great to get to spend so much time with my sisters and I loved hanging out with my nieces and nephews too. Rob took great care of the kids while I was gone. He says he was a redneck, hillbilly dad and didn't do a very good job of making the kids look presentable. Apparently they looked like orphans (his words) at church on Sunday. I hope nobody judged me. I don't even want to know what they wore or what their hair looked like. Let's just put it this way--he couldn't find a brush the whole time I was gone. Enough said.
I have been sick for the last 5 weeks and just when I thought I was starting to feel better, I got worse while I was in Utah. I had kind of a scary experience yesterday morning which prompted me to see a doctor first thing today. I was supposed to have had this lab work done before I left, but because I thought I was improving I didn't have it done. Stupid, I know. I have already been through one round of antibiotics after I was told I had pneumonia, but have still just felt like crud. I went into the doctor today and they took 5 viles of blood and ordered a chest x-ray. My blood pressure was alarmingly low, which explained why I passed out and had a mild seizure.
My doctor called me late this afternoon and said that I have pneumonia in my right lung and possibly valley fever. He gave me an antibiotic shot in the rear and prescribed a stronger, different antibiotic. I should be feeling better within a couple days IF the blood work comes back that I don't have valley fever on top of the pneumonia. Totally great timing huh?
We are leaving tonight for our trip to Japan. I told Rob I'm going even if it's on a gurney. The doctor gave me the ok, so I guess it's ok. We are staying the night in PHX tonight since our flight leaves at 5 in the morning. My MIL (praise the heavens) is here and will be taking care of the kids for us. I know she'll do a great job and I'm crossing my fingers the kids will treat her better than they do us. I know I am going to miss them like crazy, but hopefully seeing them daily on Skype will help sustain me.
I'll have lots to report when I get home. My cell phone won't work while I'm there, but I'll have the lap top and will be checking my email every day. Maybe I'll get a chance to post from Japan.
Sayonara!

23 comments:
Aww I'm sorry your sick and I'm super sorry your traveling while sick. But at least you get to go on a fun trip...LUCKY!!! have fun!!!
Make sure you drink lots and lots of water while traveling...trust me.
yah, i am not surprised you really didn't sound very good. I am crying just thinking about all of the crying. I actually left after I said good bye to you guys. I stopped and got a new temple dress on the way home to kill some time and to cheer up. I really hope you will be able to enjoy your trip. Good Luck!
Holy cow- fainting and seizures!?! That's awful. Take it easy in Japan and get well. Btw, Rachel's hair looked awesome on Friday. Rob said it was thanks to Cherise. Man, for someone who has 3 boys- she can really do some hair!
I can't believe how sick you've been. Fainting and seizures?? Wow, I hope that this batch of meds does the trick for you.
The kids didn't look like orphans at church. Everyone was dressed nicely (especially the boys). Rachel's hair looked really cute too. Rob looked a little haggered, but otherwise . . .
Have a great trip in Japan!
Are you gonna leave your MIL a brush?
And, you are not still running through all of your lung trouble, are you? Tsk, tsk... but I totally get it if you are. I had a bad week last week and couldn't run at all for some lung problems, and it's got me down. I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. Slow down senorita. Senora, whatever. (Senora sounds so OLD.)
Have a great trip! We will miss you :) Take lots of pictures.
Hope you have soooo much fun and especially that you feel better. It seems like I always get sick on big vacations and it is a total bummer. ::crossing fingers your bum shot did the trick::
I can't believe how sick you were while you were here, cause you were such a great sport. I sure hope you don't have valley fever and that you get better soon. I'm glad you went in to the doctor!!!!
Thanks for coming again. I love you so much.
Have a great time in Japan.
And by the way, I found your mother in-laws Mother's day gift here this morning. I sent it to your house there and addressed it to her.
I hope you feel better and have a great trip!
Hope you feel better soon!! Have a great trip in Japan. I would go to no matter what--don't you like miso soup?
Sheesh, you are so crazy busy. I'm hoping that you get feeling better soon so you can enjoy the trip to Japan. Glad you had fun with your sisters and Becky. Keep us posted with your health!
Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were that sick. I really hope the new antibiotics help and that you start feeling better ASAP so you can enjoy your trip. I'm pretty jealous, really. Japan sounds like such a neat place to visit - so different from anywhere I've ever been. Take lots of pictures and have a blast!
Have an amazing time in Japan. I can't wait to hear all about it. Thanks for going to see the Doc too. I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the gift in the mailbox. What a fun and nice suprise. You are so thoughtful. Thanks!
The kids looked great at church. Maybe he felt orphaned.... haha.
Have a great time. I plan on stealing Rachel and Tait from time to time to play. I hope your mother-in-law won't mind!
How fun! I've always wanted to go to Women's Conf. I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick ~ sounds awful! I really hope all is okay and you feel well for your big trip to Japan. Have fun and be safe.
^^This is Dalana, btw.
What is Valley Fever? I've never heard of it. I'm so sorry that you're still sick. I hope you are feeling better for your big trip.
That's great you got to go to Women's Conference. I've always wanted to go, but have never been able to. I would say next year, but nope, that's out too cuz I'll be nursing...maybe in two years ;)
Wow Emily! That IS scary!I hope you start to feel better soon! Have fun in Japan!
So sorry to hear about your illness - please take it easy while enjoying your trip to Japan. It sounds like your conference was a very uplifting experience - I love those opportunities! I have one at the end of this month - can't wait! Hugs!!!
Valley fever? That sounds exotic.
So glad you had fun and learned a lot at WC, and I sure hope you felt better before you left for Japan! Can't wait to hear all about it.
I hope you are feeling better! How awful to be sick so long! I expect lots of fun posts about Japan when you get back! We love you lots! I thought your family looked great on Sunday though Rob looked tired! :-)
Happy Mothers Day, Happy Trip it was so fun to see you at cafe rio...I hope you feel better!
Post a Comment