Friday, May 15, 2009

Japan: Part One

I'm going to be doing our trip in several different posts. There is so much to tell about and I don't want to completely overwhelm you and overload you with pictures. So, you'll be getting a post a day for the next week or so. I'm still trying to pick up the pieces of my life right now. Between being sick for so long, my trip to UT and then our trip to Japan, my life is a mess right now. My kids need my attention and so does my house. I've never felt more disorganized.

The day after we got to Tokyo, we packed up and went to Kyoto. This was my favorite part of our entire trip. It was about a 2 hour bullet train ride from Tokyo. This picture was taken outside of our hotel room in Kyoto. Rob was getting ready to leave for business meetings and I was getting ready to go sightseeing with his boss' (girl) friend.

We had a wonderful breakfast courtesy of Rob's boss the morning after we got there.

Kay and I went to a couple different temples in Kyoto. They were really neat and the grounds were gorgeous.

Before we finally found our way to the temples, we got very lost. We walked miles in the opposite direction. It turned out to be the highlight of my trip though. It was so pretty and we were able to experience the "back country."








More on Kyoto tomorrow...

17 comments:

Margaret Proffitt said...

More please! I can't wait for tomorrow. Everything looks so lush and beautiful.

Dalana and Mark said...

Wow Emily! I love the last picture and the third from the last one. I'm glad you're back safe and had such a good time. I'm looking forward to looking at the rest of your pictures. Good luck w/ getting your life back in order.

Dalana and Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dalana and Mark said...

I'm sorry, the above comment is from Dalana.

Nicole said...

Wow it is beautiful there!

Anna B said...

Can't wait to see more. Can't wait to get a phone call from you too...hint, hint.

Debie Spurgeon said...

Those pictures are breathtaking, I can't wait to see more of them.

Teresa Johnson said...

So beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics!

Cristin said...

GORGEOUS!!! I'm soooooo jealous but I'm so glad you had a good time! Don't worry about the disorganization, it'll get back to normal...eventually.

Mary said...

It looks beautiful. I've never had a desire to visit that part of the country, but you've definitely sparked my interest.

homegirl said...

Love the beauty of the back woods! What a wonderful opportunity to visit Japan, I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

That looks sooo pretty. I bet your happy to be home. Take your time getting back to normal it will get there.

ManicMandee said...

Now I know what you were talking about on the phone yesterday. It is very pretty and a different pretty than we are used to.

The Gainors said...

i am actually crying reading this post, mostly looking at the pictures. i served my mission in Tokyo and have visited Kyoto(also my fav.) a couple of times. I love that country. I'm so excited for you that you got to see it. can't wait to see more pictures. ps. i guess our parents are going to China together this week, lucky ducks.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

So pretty and so green! I love it!

Stephanie said...

It's a beautiful as I remember it!! I'm so glad you got to go!!

E said...

awesome pictures!