Friday, March 6, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Our computer is still in the hospital. It has been listed in critical condition and as each day passes, I fear that it may not be coming home. I wouldn't be too sad except that it has ALL of my pictures on it. I'm hoping that if they can't revive it, the computer nerds can at least save my pictures.

I dug out the old Law School laptop that is missing 11 keys and runs super slow and decided to jot some things down before I completely lose any recollection of the recent events.

Last weekend seems like a life time ago and I'm sad to say that I only got my camera out one time and that was as I was getting ready to get in the car and drive home. Dangit. I did take some video, but without a good computer, there is no way to upload my videos. I'm hoping some of my siblings or aunt (that's YOU Michelle) will post some pictures of the events from last weekend cause they were memorable.

This is me with 3 of my favorite people on the planet. I love my sisters and look forward to any time we get to spend together because it's always a good time. I'm looking forward to our girls weekend in May.

It was great to go home to visit and be able to be there for my brother's big movie premiere. It was big time and I couldn't be more proud. There was a big "Red Carpet" event with paparazzi and a stretch limo--all Bako style, of course. He worked so hard in filming, editing and producing the whole thing. The guy has got talent and I'm crossing my fingers he is able to make big bucks on that one. He'll be starting on his next film in July and I'm sure it will be great as well.

Another purpose for my trip was to be able to be there for my nephew/miracle baby Jesse's blessing. I'm telling you, this is the sweetest baby and there is something very special about him. Just holding him I felt like I was pushed to a different level emotionally. It was pretty incredible. Tim did a wonderful job and I will never forget the details of that day. Really neat.
A little bonus of the trip was being able to witness Scott being ordained. Have I mentioned I love my new brother-in-law? He's amazing and he and Molly are doing so good. I'm proud of them both. It's looking like the St. George Temple in November for the big day. I can't wait.
The last day we were on our trip, Sarah and Tait got sick. It made for a difficult day and very miserable drive home. We ended up getting a hotel room and driving the rest of the way the next day. I feel bad for everybody who got sick because of their germs. Sorry about that. I came down with it the night I got home and it hit me hard. I didn't get out of bed for practically two full days. Rob took over and did an amazing job in keeping the household running smoothly. I realized that he would do pretty well without me. All the kids except Kennedy and Rachel have had the flu and I'm hopeful that it is gone for good now. It's been a miserable week and it's going to take me a while to recover from the aftermath of it all. My house reeked of vomit and poo, but now it smells of Clorox.
To top it all off, Rachel has decided she is ready to potty train. Rob took her to work with him on Tuesday and she decided to try out the toilet. She loved it and hasn't worn diapers since. Rob gets the credit for that one too. I'm hoping the nightmare of potty training will be over soon. One more kid to go. I hate potty training! Seriously, just poke my eyeballs out!

Lastly, look who is six months old today. It's not even right. I had some really cute pictures of him on my computer, but I already explained that mess.
I love this baby boy. Pure joy, that's him. I can't get over how easy he is.

16 comments:

tharker said...

What a great trip! That's so cool that you were able to be there for your nephew's blessing. I am so happy for your brother and his wife that this sweet little boy finally came to them!

I hope you are all better very soon!

Pearl Girl said...

I am so glad you were able to put doen those memories eventhough your computer is dead. It sounds like you had some great times, and your baby is growing too much.

Nicole said...

what movie did your brother do?

ManicMandee said...

That was a great time and totally worth getting sick over. So don't feel bad about kids spreading germs. All the nieces and nephews in Bakersfield were sick except for Jesse. I hope he didn't get it! Miss you. It was nice chatting to you today. Keep in touch.

Kris said...

What a fun trip. I'm wondering what film your BIL produced. That's so cool. The baby blessing sounds wonderful, and spending time with your family is so awesome. Glad you had a great time.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

That's great you got to be there for the baby blessing. Oh, I feel the exact same way about potty training! Ugh!

Gates Family said...

I am so sorry for your computer problems. Even planning mine to go down for a few days was tramatic for me, and I don't have a back-up. Your trip sounds like a great event. I am so glad you had a good time. Except the sickness, we all know we could do without that. I can't believe Tait is already 6 months, that sure has gone by fast for me. ;)
And... yep... Thursday, sure hope she isn't too stubborn. ;)

ShelBailey said...

We all had the stomach flu, but it only lasted about 1/2 a day. I'm glad we didn't catch what ya'll had. I'll bet it made for a yucky trip home.

It was lovely to see all of you girls, and we have pictures, I just need to get them from Sam. I didn't take my camera, so I didn't get any pics myself. I usually do that so that I don't have to wait for him.

Jen said...

Happy half-birthday Tate!

Anna B said...

I need to document this same weekend just no pictures to make it fun yet. Hope you had a better day today.

Stephanie said...

What movie was your brother in? I'm glad you had such a memorable trip! What great things you were able to experience minus the kids getting sick! :-)

Hazel said...

Sickness sucks, but the instant potty training more than make up for it.

Williams Family Dirt said...

So glad you had an awesome Bako trip! Bummmer about the sickies! Awesome on the potty training, I am working on my little one too. He just doesn't have any interest, maybe one day he will just "get it" like Rachel. One could only hope! Take Care!

E said...

Hurry and get that thing fixed! I wanna see pictures of Andy's red carpet event. Glad you had a good time, sorry you ended up sick!

Emily said...

Nicole, Kris and Steph--

My brother filmed and produced a local (low budget) film called "Stamped." I'm positive you've never heard of it. It hasn't actually been picked up by a movie company and probably won't, but it was a huge accomplishment nontheless.

handmadegiftsarebest said...

Waht a great time you have had in spite of the sickness. Congratulations to Rachel and all of you. It is so nice to have a kid potty trained isn't it.

I don't think Rob would like it doing things alone. You are the purpose that keeps him going.