Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Best Christmas Party Ever!

Let me first say that we have the best ward. It is chocked full of young(er) families just like us. And, they all know how to have a great time. This was our first year attending the famous 'White Elephant' party the Gonzalez' host. Let me tell you, if I had known it would have been so much fun, I would have cancelled whatever kept us from attending last year.

They have a beautiful home--perfect for hosting this type of party. There must have been 50+ people there and all of them are people you would totally want to be friends with.

The food was yummy, but the entertainment was even better. They had an "Ugly Christmas Sweater" contest and boy was I impressed. I didn't know so many ugly sweaters existed.

They judged the sweaters by putting two people against each other and they would be judged by the volume of applause. This one was a close call, so they decided the winner by Indian leg wrestling. The ugly turtle neck won.


How cute are these guys? These matching sweaters were worn by Katie's grandparents in the 1940's!!


This guy really should have won. Nothing says ugly like a sweater with a stocking plastered on front with candy canes inside.


Another close call, but...



In the end, this guy won. Can you say women's clothing section?

Then there was the gift exchange. These people were creative. I was shocked at some of the things people brought. Hilarious!


We almost ended up with this.



The gift we brought sorta backfired on us. We brought Caleb's pet gerbil. Guess who ended up taking it home?



How about a sexy fireman calendar with men from our wards faces photo shopped in (including Rob).

Yeah, that's Graham--a member of our Bishopric!

Thanks for the good time! We can't wait until next year!

11 comments:

Cristin said...

That is AWESOME!!! lol

Joseph and Tiffany said...

That was fun. If they do the ugly sweater contest again we are totally hitting the thrift stores next time!

Kris said...

This looks like the best Party Ever. I want to remember this idea for next year. I LOVE it. The fireman calendar is awesome. How fun to get together with a bunch of friends and have a good time. Loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

ManicMandee said...

That is seriously THE best party. I want to be in your ward!

Pearl Girl said...

oh my goodness, that pic of Rob drinking ??? and holding underwwear and an X rated calendar. I am so ashamed! What has happened to the church members of AZ. We must call your local GA immediately. (JK of course!)

E said...

Whoa, Graham is srsly hot! That looked way fun. I wanna see your ugly sweaters!

Christina said...

We had sooo much fun at the party!! I was cracking up when I found out you guys brought the gerbil, sorry you got stuck with it again!! I bet the kids didn't mind. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

Andrew Waite said...

For the record... I am the Indian leg wrestling champion in our family... I can even beat DAD and he has like 180 pounds on me!

Williams Family Dirt said...

What a hilarious party idea!! Totally fun....looks like you had a great Christmas. It is totally fine to lock the kids in the backyard....I totally do it all the time! :)

Anna B said...

I love the Ugly Sweater idea. I want to steal that for next year.

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry we missed it! Ivan was out of town. Next year we'll have to be there!