They say that Christmas is in 2 days, but it doesn't really feel like it. While the rest of the country is snowed in, we are looking pretty good down in these parts. Is it legal to lock your kids in the backyard while you try to clean up the disaster that is called your home?
I spent the entire day yesterday trying to clean this house and make sense of the kids bedrooms that look more like destruction zones. Did you know that Santa will not bring toys to a messy and disorganized house?
It's true.
All the Christmas shopping is done. All the goods are at Rob's office where we will go tonight for our date and wrap everything up. We finally learned our lesson of not keeping Christmas presents at the house where nosy little kids find them. Hopefully they forgot what they found and will still be pleased when they see what they got.
I need to plan and shop for our Christmas eve/Christmas day meals and then I'm hoping to just relax and enjoy the extra time with my family.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
It's Almost Here...
Posted by Emily at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Merry Christmas Emily! Good idea locking the kids out in order to get some cleaning done!
Locking you kids outside in paradise is totally fine.
I have moved my turkey from the freezer to the fridge. mmmm... I just hope I have enough potatoes for tonight, and Christmas.
I wish I could lock my kids outside, and not have winter boots, coats, and gloves all over the house. My kids are constantly fighting. UGH. I hope once Christmas comes it will be better. Have fun on your date tonight!
100% legal. I think I'll do that here, even with a foot of snow out there. Thanks for the idea.
Locking kids outside is perfectly fine! My mom ALWAYS locked us kids outside, I think I turned out okay, well, . . . maybe?
Cool Christmas party! And I lock my kids outside at least twice a week soooo...
That's a funny picture. I'm jealous that your tramp is in one piece. Have fun wrapping! It didn't seem like we had that much stuff and it still took me forever. Anthony wraps one present to my ten. That's probably why.
Yes, it is totally legal to lock them out for a bit! And if it didn't take so much effort to get my kids all bundled up in their snow gear, I would totally do it!!!
I don't know if you read NieNie, but your post reminded me of her. If you've never read it, you should definitely check out this post
http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2008/02/slow-cooker-day.html
Merry Christmas Emily!
Post a Comment