This is for reals people.
I am a sucker for infomercials. Those things were made for people like me. I can be sold on just about any crummy product. When I was a teenager I asked for a "snack-master 500" for Christmas. And I got it. I love HSN.
Have you ever heard of the *Total Gym? Yep, I bought one of those many years back. Guess where it ended up? First on our back porch being chewed up by our dog, then to the *Goodwill. No rock hard abs or buns of steel for me.
Well, yesterday between G.C. sessions I got sucked into another infomercial--this time I drug my husband into it. I was SOLD (and he was too) and was ready to pick up the phone and order my new kitchen contraption. Thing is, I got distracted and never made the call. Now, this morning after dreaming about it all night I went online to try to find the product. I thought for sure it would be on one of my favorite websites. But, nope.
Instead, I found this ridiculous product (see picture above). What is this world coming to? You can get one of these "safes" in a variety of different "styles." They have the Aqua Net version, the Barbasol shaving cream version or even an A&W Rootbeer can version. They are selling these things for $15. Am I missing something?
So, forget hiding your cash under your mattress. I want to know what genius came up with this idea.
I am going to order myself a Ped Egg. And maybe that other contraption thingie if I can find it.
Monday, October 6, 2008
No Joke
Posted by Emily at 9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Your infomercial obsession is one of those little things about you that I love a lot. Hey, buy me one too while you are at it. The safe I mean. Awesome invention. Was Rob a part of that patent?
I have the ped egg. I don't know if I'd recommend it over a sturdy file, unless you found some super sale or something. It doesn't work as well as the TV demo suggests. My poor heels are as dried and crusty as ever. If you find some miracle solution for dry heels, or other household problem like where to hide my pearls, let me know. Oh! I want to try that super strong putty stuff to fix my broken cabinet. Any info on that?
Those "safes" are for transporting drugs or other illegal stuff, you know, like bombs on an airplane. Everybody knows that, right? Not that I have ever tried to smuggle something on a plane. Oh, I take that back. They had just passed that no fluid over 2 ounces can be carried on rule-which I did not know. So I hit my, essential for going out, hair product in my sleeping babies blanket. Shhh.
The Ped egg is awesome. You will love it. So true and so sad and so funny all at the same time.
I just saw PedEgg at Fred Meyer today! Almost bought it, but chickened out. (get it, it's an egg)
I totally forgot you are an infomercial addict. Love it! What other things have you bought over the years?
I just got a PedEgg... the only problem with it is that I think it's going to hurt the whole time. It never does, but the anticipation of pain puts me over the edge. ::snagging pantyhose on heels::
I'm getting myself one of those safes. Only a robber from the 80s would steal Aquanet.
Memzy-I may be a sucker for WATCHING infomercials, but fortunately, not enough to buy too many things. I'll let you know if my latest purchase turns out to be a smart one.
Remember when we both watched HSN, and then you ended up buying that vacuum? Then it broke and you had the hardest time finding the replacement. HILARIOUS. I was wondering why you had a photo of Aqua Net Hairspray. I loved what someone said about how only a burglar from the 80's would steal that. I've heard a lot about a Ped-Egg. I want one now too.
I forgot about that Kris!! That is funny that you remembered that.
I love that you love infomercials. No infomercial watcing when I get there. Reality T.V. ONLY!!
You are cracking me up!
That is awesome, I totally love a good infomercial!
Post a Comment