Hold on to your seats people, this is good stuff! My new blogging friend, who I'm practically related to, made a call out for old Prom pictures.
I had to dig deep for these gems. Lucky you.
My memory is really bad. This was my Junior winter formal (I believe), so that would have been winter of 1992? Maybe one of you were there and could tell me? Nat? Teresa? Kiahna? I wore one of my sister Anna's hand-me-down prom dresses and I thought it was pretty smokin' (note the sleeves). I know for sure I didn't kiss my date and he was just a friend, but we had a good time. Both of us were VERY shy, so it made for some awkward moments.
This was actually my date's prom at his high school. I think this was also my Junior year. I may or may not have kissed him that night. It wasn't very memorable, obviously. I had an ok time, but because I HATE, HATE dancing and refuse to do it in front of ANYBODY, I felt pretty lame the whole time. My grandma made my dress and again, I felt smokin'. E. O. was a great guy and really didn't deserve the crap I put him through. The feelings never were mutual and I pretty much dogged him. Sorry 'bout that.
For some reason, I always seemed to date guys that were shorter than me. I'm sure I was barefoot in this picture and I was probably slouching a bit, because I know I was shorter than my date.
**If either of these guys happen upon my blog, sorry for exploiting you. I hope you are both doing well. Thanks for the memories.
Oh, and I love you Rob.

14 comments:
Dating memories are great but also kind of suck don't they? I feel bad about dogging some guys too. But you broke way more hearts than I did. You WERE and are STILL HOT!
Those are the days I really don't want to flashback too. But, this was fun to see you back in the day.
I love how you included Rob too. I bet that makes him feel a whole lot better ;)
You've been drop dead gorgeous since you were born. Even with big puffy sleeves. The white dress is pretty classy, though. Grandma Bailey does good work.
You look really enthusiatic about being there!!
Srsly, Em, you look ready to par-tay!!
Thanks for joining in!
These pictures are great. Love all of your memories. You are brave to do a trip down memory lane.
We srsly are practically related! Thanks for posting these... honestly, Grandma Bailey made some HAWT prom dresses!
Those flutter sleeves are so AWESOME! Both of my Homecoming dresses were adorned with those lovely sleeves.
Man, now I will never post the picture of me in that dress. You always looked SO much better in everything. BTW did you ask me if you could wear that??
I have to say, you look gorgeous (and extremely unhappy) in both pictures. I always felt awkward at school dances, too. I tried to put on a brave front, but I don't know if my dates ever bought it.
I love those flashback pictures. I see some very familiar faces. Aren't you glad those years are over!
Those are too funny. At least you've got some great pics with great stories. I've got nothing, i never went to once school dance.
You are a super fox. I don't know how you managed to bridge that grooviness gap. That dress is only slightly groovy. Great foresight.
Those are classic! I only went to one prom my junior year and it was with my BF Josh Worthen. I had fun, even though I thought it was lame...I went for the practical experience of having the ability to say I went to one of my H.S. Proms. I regret not having a little more fun, during H.S., but I think I was way to serious for my age.
Post a Comment