Thanks to our dear Mothers.
The morning that Rob's Mom left, my Mom arrived. It was so wonderful to have her here. Not only was the company great, but I caught up on all my sleep. She took Tait for us at night for an entire week! It was so nice! She was so patient staying home with the other kids while I ran errands and took care of other responsiblities. I know it was probably completely boring, but she never complained. On Saturday Rob watched the kids while I took her out on the town. We hit the mall, my favorite decor shop and my favorite deli in town. It was great fun and good mother/daughter bonding time. She left yesterday and I miss her already. I'm so grateful for her constant love and support and for the sacrifice she made to come be with me. She cares for my grandma full-time, so for her to come was not easy. Thank you to my wonderful Dad too, who stepped in and took care of my grandma.
I'm on my own and it's not easy. I don't know how mother's of six do it. Seriously. We will manage and each day gets a little better. It helps that Tait is a pretty easy baby. Now, if we can just get him to sleep at night!

19 comments:
Emily, how lucky to have both mom's come and spoil you and help you get adjusted to having 6 kids. I bet you loved every minute of the last 2 weeks. I'm glad you got some help. Good luck being on your own. I wish I could come and hold little Tait. He's so cute.
That was wonderful that both moms could come. I don't know how I could have a baby without help that first 2 weeks to do everything in the house. You will do an amazing job as a mother of 6, though I'm thinking we may see more pictures of Rachel like this one.
I love the picture of Rachel! Can't wait to see you in primary again...but take your time...there's no rush :)
Oh you lucky girl, I mean woman. What a wonderful blessing to have both mom's come for an entire week. You definitely are spoiled... maybe it is just well loved. ;)
No wonder you were able to make it to Teacher Conferences with two kids.
Good luck, you are going to do awesome. Because... you are AWESOME!!!
I'm glad you had so much help. And when you're up to it, we want you guys as houseguests, too. Call and book a time!!!
Rad. I didn't know that your mom came out there. Good luck with life on the norm by yourself. Just keep singing "I will survive". Or better yet put it on your ipod and blast it! ::snicker::
I love your dog in that first picture, looking longingly through the window. I'm glad you had all that support/company. I'd imagine 6 kids would take some getting used to. I'm sure you're up for the challenge. Funny picture of Rachel, too. ;)
BECCA HAS A BLOG I HAVE A LINK TO IT ON MY BLOG!
The dog snuck in on the pic with grama and the kids. That is sooo funny. Or was it planned. hmmm talk to ya later.
6 kids...amazing! How did our Mom's have so many?? Please tell me the older ones become big helpers. I think putting them to work is the only way things could get done.
I LOVE that first picture with all the kids sitting around Grandma. They all look adorable!
That picture of Rachel is priceless! I am so glad that you had such awesome help. That is great. I hope you do ok until Anna and I can get there to help you some more! Can't wait!
The picture of Rachel is so fantastic!
You are so lucky to have such wonderful mothers to take care of your sweet family.
I'm so glad that your Mom's were able to be there. You are going to be a great Mom of 6. We Waite girls just step up to every challenge we are given and "Just Do It"...Right? Can't wait to go to your favorite Deli and Decor shop. 3 weeks and counting.
I'm nervous. I think bringing any number baby home from the hospital takes adjustment. Oh my goodness, how am I going to cope. Well, by then you'll be an old pro and can offer pointers.
What wonderful grandmas to come and take over so your time at the hospital and recovery time at home could be worry free.
Lots of help sounds handy with 6 kids. Your a great mother and am sure your up for the challenge.
Beautiful kids also...
Gordon B. Hinkley said it well:"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just ordinary people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey. . .delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
Okay, this has to do with your most recent posts. I hear ya! Somtimes I get all junior highish and think "Wow- they are so popular and I'm just a big old dork..." but then I remember why I post on my blog. It's all about that blog book I publish at the end of the year- our family journal. Does it bother me that no one comments? Sometimes. Again, the dork thing and comparing myself to others- not cool.Then I think, I rarely comment myself (no time!). Google blooging without obligation (or go to Jocelyn's blog and click on the crow.) Neat.
Well if anyone could handle 6 kids it's you! At least you had a couple of weeks with some extra hands, and kudos to your mom for taking the night shift!!!! Your Moms ROCK!!!!
It was a great to spend ten days with you. I am so proud of you both. and all of the kids. You are working extra hard to do everything right and it makes a mother so happy to see her children raising their children right.
YOU ROCK! You can do it. One day at a time. Enjoy each moment and don't be a perfectionist. You have been blessed with a remarkable family. Just keep up the good work.
Love Ya,
Post a Comment