Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rob To The Rescue

Yesterday was one of those days. One of those days that I know I scheduled WAY too much in one day, but I didn't-have-any-other-choice kind of things. I didn't sleep very well the night before and woke up in a panic wondering how I was going to get everything done AND take care of my kids. Well, this is when my little miracle took place. Rob, being the awesome husband that he is said, "why don't I just take the day off to help you?" Say, WHAT?!! After asking him if he was serious I jumped for joy knowing that I COULD conquor my day afterall! Rob is usually out the door by 6:30 in the morning, so he doesn't get to fully experience my crazy morning routine--but he did yesterday! Fun for him. He helped get the kids ready and off to school. It was great. I had to get a few hours of classroom observation in for my education class and to have him home with the kids while I did that made it so much more enjoyable. I had so much fun helping teach a 3rd grade class. It made me even more excited about one day becoming a teacher. After finishing that task, I ran a few errands and brought mexican food home for lunch. Duh. It was Cinco de Mayo! You MUST have mexican food on May 5th, plus I have to embrace my roots. After eating a quick lunch, I was off to the doctor with Ren who had to get FOUR shots. There is a crazy measle outbreak here in Tucson and his preschool wouldn't let me bring him back until he had another MMR booster. Let's just say that experience was fun. Ren was actually really good. Not a tear was shed! He even told me while we were sitting in the doctors office that he was wearing his "lucky shirt." I asked him, "what makes it so lucky?" He said, "Lucky things happen to me when I wear this shirt, like daddy stays home from work." He had forgotten that he was sitting in the doctors office about to get four shots. After his appointment, I rushed off to pick the girls up from school early to take them to their dental appointments. That was even more fun than the previous appointment. Yeah, we left there with 7 cavaties between them. After we got home from the dentist, I rushed to get the 3 kids ready for their baseball practices.
While I was doing that, Rob was doing this...



He made his famous Shish-ka-bobs. They are seriously to die for! Fresh pineapple, peppers, onion, teriyaki steak and chicken. They were perfect. A perfect end to a productive day. Thanks babe! I couldn't have done it without you!


Photobucket

16 comments:

E said...

I love it when a stressful turns around like that! It rarely happens, which makes it even better. Anthony doesn't work on Thursdays or Fridays (unless he has to pick up overtime) and it makes such a difference having him home on a week day--the days doctor offices, banks, etc are open. The problem is that I always over-schedule myself on those days when I should just spend them with Anthony. It IS a relief to not have to drag Homer around with me everywhere I go. He does not do public places well.

NewBini said...

Cherise told me that you were looking into completing your degree, I just finished mine in Elementary Education! I went thru Prescott College, it was wonderful. If your in a rut let me know! Renee

Jan said...

He is the man and you are the woe-man. What a great team.
7 cavities? You have to move back to Pasco quickly. We have floride.
Glad you could do all that you needed to do and then some. Loved the look of the cabobs Rob. They looked divine. Have a great day cutie pie.

Debie Spurgeon said...

We totally missed the Mexican food, I didn't even think about it. I love that tradition though, we'll have to have some this evening to make up for it.
You hubby took the day off work. I love that he made dinner for you. What a guy!!!

Cristin said...

WOW crazy day, I'm so glad you have a totally fabulous hubby that stays home and helps then makes yummy food. Seriously the kabobs look AWESOME! Sorry to hear about the cavities, that's the story of my life!

Memzy said...

My kids had to inform me that it was "kinko dee may-yo". Sad, so sad.

Way to go rob-not-bob. I'm hearing Salt N Peppa's "mighty good man" song in my head. kudos.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Glad your busy day turned out great!

Hot Pants said...

Husbands can call in sick to work just to help out their wifes? Are you sure that is legal? I will be informing Dwight of this crazy revelation.

Rob-not-Bob said...

This post was entirely unnecessary and I protest.

And just so you know, Amy, there was no calling in sick. I simply told my boss the truth, and he encouraged me to take time with my family. Nice, eh?

... and I'm usually out the door by 6:00, always by 6:30.

Gates Family said...

Emily, you are amazing. That is wonderful that Rob could stay home and help. Thanks for your cute posts.

Cherise said...

I love it when Graham suprises me like that! Way to win points Rob! Call me if that happens -k- I'd love to help you out.
PS I copied your idea on the pregnancy ticker. I can't stand that baby fetus ticker, it disgusts me (not sure why) but this one is cute. I hope you don't mind!

Eliza said...

Way to go Rob!!!

FYI you had me at your designer "daddy pancakes".

ManicMandee said...

Rob is a saint. Love that guy. Glad it all went ok. Good job to the both of you. (Your little comment about embracing your roots...:)

Markie23 said...

I hate guys that make the rest of us guys look bad. Thanks so much for raising the #$!@* bar Rob.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, That makes a mother proud!
Thanks both of you.!

Anna B said...

That actually sounds like a great day to me. I know in the moment it's hard but I always feel so accomplished afterwards. After talking to you today it sounds like Wed. wasn't much better. Hope you can relax this weekend.