It was 8 years ago this month that Rob and I met and got engaged. Rob could probably tell you exactly what we were doing this day 8 years ago, probably to the minute. He remembers EVERYTHING. Usually that's a good thing, but sometimes...not so much. I have such fond memories of when we were dating. Right before we met, I was at such a low point in my life. I was ready to give up on the prospect of ever really being happy and finding someone that I could be will for eternity. Not because I had been single forever, but because I just didn't think it was possible for me. And really, I was trying hard to be ok with that. I was living in Utah with my sister Amanda and her family. I was dating, but I was not satisfied at all with where my life was. My brother Andy called me one day and said that he had someone I HAD to meet. Rob had moved to Bakersfield (my home town) after graduating from BYU and getting his first job. He and my brother met at the singles ward and were playing in a band together (that's another post entirely). I was coming home to visit the next month and told Andy I would meet his friend. Well, that trip didn't work out for meeting since Rob had other plans (I won't bring that story up). But, we did meet the next time I went back home and the rest is history. I knew before we even met that he was the "ONE." I know it sounds lame and cheesy, but I really did. He fell in love with Caleb and Kennedy and has always treated them as if they were his very own. He never judged me. I fell in love with his musical talents. He is so kind and loving. He had all the attributes that I wanted in a husband and father for my children. Our engagement was record short and our wedding was beautiful. I love this guy like crazy and I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend for eternity. Now, 8 years and 3 babies(5 total) later here we are, happier than ever!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Flashback Friday
Posted by Emily at 11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
Hearing your story again, makes me all teary eyed. I'm lame, I know. I think I'm all emotional this weekend! Anyway, I'm so happy that you guys met and got married. Your story is so sweet! You have been through so much together, and it's great to see that you guys have grown and love each other! Thanks for sharing! Is that picture of you guys when you met?? You both look great!!!
Eight years already? I feel sooper old.
ps. the other story of what he was doing that weekend is my vote for next post.
I fall in love with Rob everytime I see him. As with Trent, if I were a gay man, I'd marry Rob. Plus his voice is like honey and his skin is silky soft.
When is Fester's comeback tour?
What a sweet tribute to you and Rob's great marriage. You guys are lucky to have each other. Your family is so beautiful too. I am sure you could never imagine your life ending up any other way.
Thanks, She-rod. That post should be enough to have that temporary restraining order revived.
And what makes it even more special is you married the guy the same day I married MY Soul Mate!
yeah, you get can get me back sometime for that one....
I am so glad you met Rob. Andy is good for something isn't he? Rob is great. We love him.
oh man, what a cute post. I was all feeling mushy inside until I read your family's comments. I love your fam they are so Stinkin funny.
Ditto, your family is hilarious! I am so glad that you are happy, you deserve it!
Remember when I congratulated you on your engagement to that one guy you weren't engaged to? Let's pretend that I was pre-congratulating you about your engagement with Rob. I am so glad you are married to Rob, now I can pretend I am related to MeriKay.
Beautiful. You and Rob are a great couple. Congrats on 8 years!
That was such a well-told story--very touching! I've enjoyed reading your old posts (since I just recently learned about your blog). You write in such a clever way. Very entertaining. I'll look forward to reading what you have to say next!
You better not disappoint me. :|
Way to go guys, now I feel bad for not liking you Rob the first time I met you. If you have such a good memory then you will remember it was at the Olive Garden in Bakersfield. No hard feelings, I think you guys were made for eachother. Love you guys.
RED LIGHT.Yeah ,you know what I am talking about.I love you guys...even though you exposed me at such a young age.
For Anna: NOW you feel bad?... apology accepted.
For Molly (with an 08 accent): "at least we have each uther." I'm not quite sure what you mean by "exposed" but you better hope your glass house is insured.
Post a Comment