Thursday, November 1, 2007

Goodbye Halloween

I guess I should have said in my previous post, Why I won't be blogging (much). I had to post my Halloween pictures in an effort to purge all traces of Halloween from my system. I am so happy it's all over. The pumpkins are in the trash, the costumes are packed and it is all now a distant memory. The kids had fun trick-or-treating and I had fun staying home passing out candy. Here's a question for you: What should the age cut-off be for trick-or-treating be? I kid you NOT probably 80% of the knocks on my door were TEENAGERS; facial hair and everything! The most pathetic one we got was a lady with GRAY hair--probably 60 years old. I gave her candy just for having the guts to ask!





OK--Now I REALLY need to get some things done. Two more days until our big moving day...ugh.

18 comments:

tharker said...

Very cute pictures Emily!

Ughh, teenagers trick or treating drives me NUTS! That is funny about the gray haired lady though.

Memzy said...

sooper lotsa teenagers at my house too. good luck packing.

Anna B said...

Your kids are so cute. Was that the same old lady from last year?

Katie said...

I actually trick or treated until I was probably 16. I had younger brothers and someone had to take them. Plus I think if you go through the effort to dress up and are at least polite then you are okay to participate. Poor Kev was only allowed to trick or treat until he was 8yrs old, that's sad to me. The little ones are definitly the cutest.

Kris said...

Cute pictures of your kids! I love Kennedy as Dorothy! She's so pretty! I'm with ya, on getting all traces of Halloween put in a box. My decorations are almost down now! Good luck this weekend!

Eliza said...

How cute are they??? We had a little Dorthy in our family too. It seemed to very popular in our part of the world. LOVE IT!!

molly said...

Ok so I don't think there is an age limit on Holloween!I still trick or treat,and still will when i have to wear depends!Oh and your kids look fantastic!

Teresa said...

All the kids look GREAT! I think I would (or will be) overwhelmed too when you have 5 kids that are all sure what they want to be and anxious to get out the door. Only Steven was opinionated about it this year and he was driving me crazy. Asking all month when we would get his costume, then didn't eat dinner on Halloween, then kept saying "can I go now" when his brothers were still getting ready for trick or treating. I could do without opinions sometimes. :)

Happy Halloween! haha

TimW8 said...

How do you know it wasn't just a really good costume.
Check out my blog for the details of the Waite Family Reunion T-Shirt Designing Contest.
I guess you can probably come up with something creative.

ManicMandee said...

Your kids looked so great. Boy, do I miss them! I can't wait to see you. That picture of you on Anna's blog was classic.

Urmston Family said...

It was so nice to hear from you. YOu r kids are so cute. Good luck on the move and have a great day. ~Jill

Andrew Waite said...

i would have given the old lady some centrium or arthritis pills or something like that.

Hot Pants said...

Emily, I was never officially invited to you blog, but after hearing MeriKay and now Dalana talk about it so much, I had to peek on. So I just spent the last hour and a half "catching up" with you and now I miss you guys. Good luck on your move. Love you, Amy

Cherise said...

good question. All I know is, it drives me crazy when the older kids come around. -they tend to be very greedy and half of them don't dress up -what is up with that. I just give them the tootsie rolls or something small.(is that just terrible or what?)

Amber Waite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Waite said...

I love all your kids costumes. They look so cute especially Rachael in her little pumpkin costume.

E said...

Hi Emily! It's your cousin Jenny. I just found out about all the Waite blogs today--you are guys are good! Cute pictures, too. I've never seen Rachel before--she looks like a Waite to me. ;)

Memzy said...

Hope your move went well. Thinking of you.