I just want you all to know that I have the best father-in-law in the WORLD. Seriously. Today is his birthday and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to brag about him. He has so many amazing qualities that I could go on forever about, but I'll just touch on a few. He is the most HONEST man I know (well, next to Steve Bishop). He would never compromise his own integrity in any situation regardless of how it may hurt him. He's lost money and business deals all because he chose to be honest and ethical. He is the epitome of tact. I have never known a more tactful man. I don't think he could offend someone, even if he tried. He is pure class. He loves children. All children. He has a special, tender way with them and they are drawn to him. He is an amazing grandpa! My father-in-law is a HARD WORKER. That may be an understatement. He never stops working. If he's not working hard with his construction business, he is working hard in his various church callings. He loves his children flawlessly. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for his family. Selfless. That's him. I love this man and I'm so grateful to be his daughter (in-law).
Trust me, I'm not just trying to score points. He probably will never see this anyway. But, just in case:
Happy Birthday Dad!


11 comments:
I totally agree with everything that you said. It's all true, and I think he's great too! I'm not even blood related, but that doesn't seem to bother him. He loves us anyway! You do have a great FIL!! Happy Birthday Jerry!
If he is anything like his children, then I am sure he is a great man! Plus, I am sure some of them may be reading this, and pass it on to him, then EVERYONE will be talking about your blog dedication to your father-in-law, and you will REALLY score points!
I want a father-in-law
That picture is scary onnacuzza it looks like Rob in more years down the road. SRSLY
I like it when my kids pull my father-in-laws beard. Happy Birthday Emily's father in law!!
I like your father in-law too. He's a great man.
hey emily, i got a blog now. check it out
Here comes the waterworks. We talked on the phone bright and early this morning. I love my daddy. I will always be a daddys girl. One funny quality is his obsessiveness with rearanging his office. Did you ever notice that it won't stay the same for more than a month. people make jokes about it when they walk in. Jeff likes to say "uhhh, you are so much like your dad." Then I always say "Thank You!"
Me likey your pops-in-law also. He's a great guy.
You do have a fantastic father in law! He is so kind and sweet. Anytime I see him around the halls at church, he always makes it a point to stop and talk to us. He is wonderful!
You do have awesome in-laws...LUCKY!
Post a Comment