With Thanksgiving just 2 short days away I have been trying to think about all that I have to be thankful for. So much. I could go on and on about my family, health, home, religion...but really, I am thankful for more than just the obvious.
I am thankful for my chaotic, crazy life because that means that we are all healthy and able to be crazy, chaotic and the like. It means we have the energy(most of us) to do all the things that make us all crazy and chaotic.
I am thankful that my kids fight because that is how they learn. When feelings get hurt and hearts get broken, that is when we learn compassion and forgiveness. Granted, I don't like when they fight all the time, but a little 'hashing it out' never hurt anyone, right Andy?
I am thankful for my messy house because that means I have kids around to mess it up. I am so grateful for my 5 busy kids who love to make messes and hate to clean them up. I know there will be a day when I miss tripping over their shoes and toys and wish that they were still around to make those messes.
I am thankful that my husband is gone so much because that means he is working. Working hard for our family so that we can have a roof over our heads and food on our table. It means that he loves us. It means that he wants to provide for us and secure a future for our family. Granted, I miss him and wish he were home right now, but I'm thankful he's not. If you know what I mean.
I am thankful for all the mistakes I make or have ever made over the years because they have made me who I am today. If I never made mistakes, I could never improve. I have made plenty. I have spent most of my adult life so-far regretting things I've done or haven't done, but lately I feel a resolve. I feel like instead of spending my time regretting, I will just put them away and learn from them. For every mistake I've made, I've made more good choices. I'm a blessed girl.
I am thankful for all of you. I love this little thing we call 'blogging.' I have reconnected with so many great friends and have been able to keep in better touch with others. I've even made some new friends. What a great thing! I have learned from you and have grown closer to you and for that I am grateful.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Thankful for my crazy life
Posted by Emily at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Great minds think alike. I just posted a list just like this on my blog! Too funny! I love how you made it more original. I just kinda stuck with the same old things! You are so blessed and you have a wonderful family! (and friends!:) I hope you have a great Holiday! I miss you!
Thanks, Emily. I needed that! What a great way to look at life. The "husband gone so much" is a tough one for me to deal with sometimes, but I need to keep in mind that it has gotten SO much better in the last few years, and that he is actually getting paid to work now. I am grateful that he has such a great job that he loves, and that I get LOTS of alone time with the kids.
What messy house?
What fights?
What husband gone?
I have no idea what you are talking about. ::guilty/innocent face::
That was so well put. I totally agree with everything you said. You are definantly one of the people I have enjoyed reconnecting with the most. I love getting to know the Waite family better as a whole. I have to admit I have become such a lurker on all of your sibbling's blogs. What a fun famiy you have!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Here, Here!
I like your post. It does make me feel guilty though, I guess I should sit down and write a Thankful list myself, instead of feeling sorry for myself. I hope you have a good holiday.
Emily, I think that was great what you wrote. You dont know this but you realy are a great example to me and I feel a certain connection with you because of certain things we have shared in our lives. I hope that I can find what you have fond someday. Hope your family has a great Thanksgiving.
I am thankful that you are thankful. I am also thankful that I feel thankful for being thankful. I love you Emily. You're a great sister. We can't wait to see you and the fam tonight.
I'm thankful for you:)
I am thankful to have such awesome sisters! I miss you though. BAD.
Post a Comment