I just spent the last hour or so just looking through pictures I took over the last year. I can't get over how fast the last year flew by. So many changes, so many memories and so much to look forward to.
I have learned over the years that making a list of New Year's Resolutions doesn't work for me. That is the best way for me to set myself up for failure. Instead, I set a few goals and tuck them away in my little brain and hopefully, by the end of the year, I accomplish at least one. I won't bore you with what they are but I will say that they are much different than any of my goals in years past.
With the new year came a big change for child number 5. Rachel started primary yesterday and she was less than thrilled about it. She was totally confused and mildly traumatized when we took her into the primary room. Luckily, her BFF, Booker showed up and sat next to her. I think by the end of the 3rd hour, she was just fine.I think I've decided that Rachel is at my most favorite age. I love talking to her and listening to every funny little thing she has to say. She is still dependent on me just enough but is starting to become a little more self sufficient. She still lets me hold her and baby her just a little bit. She's just so much fun. Now, if she would just get the peeing-and-pooing-in-the-potty-thing down, we'll be in great shape!
On an unrelated note...
Rob and I will be celebrating 10 years of (mostly) wedded bliss on the 14th of this month. We have been talking about where we would go for years but never did anything to really plan it. Having an anniversary in the winter sort of limits our choices of destinations. We thought about several different places but all of them added up to way too much money. It's hard to justify spending a ton of money on a trip when we have kids who need braces and stuff.
We had sort of just bagged the whole anniversary trip idea until a last minute idea surfaced. I have to say, it's the last place we ever planned on going away to. Especially in the winter. But, our flight is booked and thanks to an awesome friend(s), our kids are going to be taken care of for a few days.
I'll give you a hint. It's east of the Rockies, Southwest of New York and North of Mississippi.
Does this look familiar to anyone? I can think of a couple people that will know where we are going from this picture.I'm so excited to show Rob one of my most favorite places in the country and introduce him to some of my favorite people too.


15 comments:
Are you going to Tennessee?
You're going to Mountainrivernbridge Town? Happy Anniversary! We never go anywhere on our anniversary either, cuz it's at an inconvenient time. We try to take a trip some time during the year tho.
Is that St. Louis???? Where are you going?
I love the randomness of this location! I think that will make it even more fun. And I've started locating my air mattresses, it'll be a big party at the Proffitt house! What weekend is this again?
Have Fun!! I'm so excited for you guys. Just wish I was there to help. :{ Have a great time!!
Forks WA!!! Oh...wait.
Congrats on 10 years and enjoy your vacay!
You guys deserve a trip. I'm so glad that you are able to get away. I have no idea where you are going though. I'm not that good with my geography. :) So tell us soon!
sounds fun. I haven't been on your (or anyone's) blog forever!! Have a nice trip. I am glad you had a good christmas.
I take it you're going to see the Riggs? I didn't recognize it from photos, but I've never been to Tennessee, so I think it's a good guess.
I hope you have a good time! Happy Anniversary!
And Rachel looks so adorable!
Happy New Year! I can't believe how grown up Rachel is. I still expect her to be a toddler. Happy 10 years! That's great that you are able to get away. We had wanted to do something for our 10 years but then I was 8 month pregnant and not really in the mood to go on a special trip. Maybe for our 15! It looks beautiful and I can't wait to see your pictures when you get back.
Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary! Our ten year is this year too, and we have been debating a trip this summer. You're motivating me to go for it! I hope you guys have a blast! And I totally agree about loving the age Rachel is at. I love my Tyler at this age too. Plus, Rachel is so darn cute, how could you not love it!
So so jealous! Have FUN! We wanna do something for our 10 year Anniversary this year too...I'm thinkin' a cruise if we can get away!
Hello! Hello! Anyone that is a friend of Teresa's is a friend of mine so send your questions to me...ask away! thesmartts@hotmail.com
As for your trip, I know EXACTLY where you are going! WHoo-hoo! (I'm assuming that might be what some of your questions might be about.) You will have a wonderful time. Happy 10 year, that's an accomplishment now-a-days.
So exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Rachel is doing awesome in primary... and is as cute as ever!!
Post a Comment