Dear Caleb,
You did it. You successfully made it through the worst two years of your life (mostly unscathed). Junior High was mean to you, but you endured it and because of the hardships that you experienced, you are a better and stronger person. Your self-esteem might be bruised but your heart is good. I know there were days where you just wanted to give up. I know there were days where you felt alone and defeated. What I love about you is your tenacity and ability to rise above any challenge or hardship you face. You have learned to make the best of any situation and not stress about things you cannot change. Your struggles certainly aren't over. Living through braces and puberty aren't going to be fun, but you will survive.
I'm so grateful for your self driven personality. I never had to ask you to do your homework or hassle you about projects you had to get done. I never had to wake you up in the mornings and hound you to get ready. That made my life so much easier.
I'm excited about your future and what it holds for you. I have no doubt you will do great things. I'm hopeful that High School will be a little nicer to you. It will be a crucial 4 years that will pave the way for a successful future. I love that you have goals and that you hold yourself to a high standard. That will be the key to your success. If you will always remember where you came from and where you are going, you will be happy. No doubt you will have struggles and bad days, but that is how we grow.
I love you so much and couldn't be more proud of the young man you are becoming.
Love,
Mom
Thursday, May 28, 2009
To My Oldest:
Posted by Emily at 5:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
GRATS on living through Junior High!!! Life can only get better from here.
what a stud.
Way to go Caleb!!! Jr high was the bane of my existence.
I HATED Jr High. So much that we're trying to find an alternative to the local (kinda scary) jr high.
I've always thought Caleb was an exceptionally sweet, fun, smart kid. He's been impressive since he was little. Give him a hug and congrats from Uncle Sam and Aunt Shel.
WOW!
I love Caleb and can't wait to see how he does in high school!
my junior high years were TERRIBLE!!! my high school years were better..I hope for the same for Caleb!
PS- tell Caleb we all love him much!
Emily, you are a great mom.
I hope HS is better for him!
I want to see Caleb's response to this sweet letter.
I truly believe the best people were the ones that were teased.
I hope Caleb can rub off on Brigg a little this summer. Gettin' that boy out of bed is a nightmare. Way to go Caleb and I see GREAT things in your future.
Jr. High is such a rough time. I'm so glad that he made it through with his self esteem still in tact. Onward and upward! (holy cow, you have a high schooler now!)
He's a survivor, all right. Jr High is rough. High school is much more laid back, comparatively speaking. Congrats to Caleb for getting through it, and congrats to you for raising such a good kid.
Congratualtions to Caleb.
Did he have an eighth grade graduation?
Being a Freshman in a big High school can be pretty hard too. Especially the first few months. He will be fine though.
Love YOu, Caleb
This is absolutely incredible to me. I remember him as an 8 year old little boy! How exciting that he's growing up and I hope he likes HS better than Middle School! Good Luck!
Post a Comment