I guess my pay-back for bragging about our perfect weather was having to endure a couple days of frigid temperatures.
On Friday, we decided to take the kids out to a late lunch, or what we like to call lunner. It works great cause we can feed them a late breakfast, then go to lunner and they are good to go until the next day.
Smart, huh?
Well, when we were walking out of the restaurant, this is what we saw: Fareeezing! There were actual snowflakes on our jackets. So, guess what we decided to do?
We headed for the hills. It was only about a 15-20 minute drive from the restaurant. The kids were so excited. I think before Rob even put the car in park, Sarah was out the door.
It was a winter wonderland. And, for us Tucsonian's who rarely see the white stuff (other than the fake stuff they bring into our neighborhood every year), it was a rare treat! I'm pretty sure it's all melted by now, thank goodness.
Did I mention we don't have appropriate snow gear? Ren's gloves were about 12 sizes too big.
And, it was only really fun for a little bit. See this ^girl holding back her ice cold tears?
Rob was able to catch some of the action on video. The kids got a little nutty, this was taken right before it all went south.
No worries. It's supposed to be sunny and in the 70's the rest of the week.

16 comments:
I wish I could get that excited about snow. Maybe I would if I lived in AZ, huh?
Wow! What fun! We are hoping to find some snow this week - may have to travel up the mountain. Love the video!
I love your linner (only two meals) idea. I have to admit, we call popcorn at the movie theater a meal. Whatever works, right?!
We only serve two meals on the weekends. It's either brunch or linner. It's more of a fend for yourself sort of thing too. And snow is only ever exciting for about 20 minutes no matter where you live.
Snow in AZ? Wow! Al Gore must really be in a panic now!!
I love the picture of Sarah running from the car and into the snow!
We totally do linner on Sundays. I hate to cook on weekends too ;)
I can't believe that you guys were able to get some snow. How fun. I'm impressed that you even have snow coats, and gloves. I didn't even think you would have own those anymore. Glad you guys had a fun time hanging out in the white stuff.
Yes! Snow is much more exciting when it's unexpected.
Looks like the mountains around here! We need to take the boys before everything melts.
Your linner sounds like what we did while growing up. Maybe now that we don't go to church at 1 pm, which makes it difficult to only feed twice a day (you have to feed the kiddos before church or they starve) and after because everyone is hungry. I have been unable to escape cooking on Sundays this year!!
How fun! My kids would have loved it too!
Your snow has come just as ours left. I was glad to see it go and am happy that it was well received elsewhere!
You'll have to tell me where that was. I wonder if any snow is left. Joey wanted to go all the way up to Mt. Lemon to see the snow but I'm not as enthusiastic about it. The lunner idea is awesome!
you know just where to be!! Looks like fun!
Wow, you found SNOW at home??? Crazy. We came a long ways to play in the snow. And yes, I forgot some of the snow stuff. OH, well they are surviving.
And late lunner, is an early dinner at our house. The kids HATE it. But it works for me!! :)
My kids don't play in the snow as much as I thought they would. Babies!
You got the best of both worlds didn't you? Snow AND nice weather. I can't believe there was snow there!
How fun is that! Linner, Huh? I may just have to try that one!
Looks fun! I am not a fan of the cold but isn't snow so pretty!
Post a Comment