Sunday, November 16, 2008

Two Years


Last week marked two years that this here blog has been in existence. It has seen many looks, found and made friends, laughed, loved, embarrassed itself and grown up. Blogging has become one of my favorite past times. I love it. And, I love all of you. Because I love you all I would like to do a little giveaway.
Here's what I want to do: Leave a comment on this post. Tell me your favorite blog entry I've done and you will be entered to win. So, if you've been a loyal reader, but have never had the guts to speak up, here's your excuse.
You have until Wednesday at 8pm (mountain time) to enter, so you better hurry. I will pick a winner Wednesday by 10pm.

Wanna know what you are playing for? Because Christmas is around the corner, it will be a Christmas themed lovely.
Ready...go!

28 comments:

KunaBoy said...

I have two (is this fair?): The blog with Rachel's face covered in happy face stamps and the heartwarming blog/tribute to your father-in-law Jerry Matson. Love you!, Dad (I'll take a bag of frosted animal cookies, oh wait, they outlawed those so I'll take a new Cadillac)

Dalana and Mark said...

One of my favorite posts of yours was the one titled, "Holding them Close" I think. Not only was it a heartfelt and true message, by clicking on the link to one of the families stories, I found a slew of cousins on the Gunnerson side. One of Bob's cousins (Spencer Gunnerson) is married to the sister of the man who lost his daughter in the hot tub accident. Thanks Emily! I love your blog!

Cherise said...

I love all of your posts. You have a talent at writing in a way that all can relate to. I love that you are blunt and honest. (because isn't that the truth?) Anyhow, I pick your post entitled **Wanted** (March 12 2008)

Hazel said...

So hard to choose. I am relatively new to your blog. Ever since I put up the newly updated feature, I can keep better tabs, but I digress...so I had to check out older posts and I found a very interesting one. The one about the test to see if you are having a boy or a girl. That is so awesome that there is a "test" like that, and that you somehow found it. I am a big fan of your blog, but i just want to point out that this comment isn't here because of the prize to be had. In fact, if I were to win, I think you should pass it on. I don't accept gifts well. I just like your blog, enough said, but not in a creepy way.

Stephanie said...

I really enjoyed your most embarrassing moment posted Friday, July 25, 2008. I think you win!!! I also love how honest you are on your blog. You share the trials along with the joys. Thanks!

Memzy said...

My fave is "Life after Tait". Because I don't know how you do it with 6 kids and it was fun to see how you deal with it. I'd be in the looney bin for sure but you are much better at that than I am.

Jan said...

The love story of you and Rob. It was perfect. Congrats on your 2 year anniversary.

Markie23 said...

My favorite would have to be your "My Grandpa" post of Sunday, July 20, 2008. I love that picture of you with my dad, and it brought back some great memories. Thanks for that and all your other posts. You're an awesome blogger, and an even awesomer niece (no, I'm not just sucking up for the prize)!

tharker said...

I have two.

I love the post about how you met Rob, and how being together so greatly changed your live and your sweet children's lives. I love your story.

I also love the post when you had decided that Caleb had earned that dog. The tribute that you paid to your sweet son was so heartfelt and loving.

Love your blog Em, and love that we were able to find a way to keep in touch. Happy 2 years!

Pearl Girl said...

Wow you are going to make me use my BRAIN???? I LOVE the one where Ren ran into the door at school, I am laughing again OUT LOUD. I love the ones that are so YOU. When I know it is so true of you that I can hear your coice in my head telling the school lady that he'll be fine.. LOL
Also I LOVE any post with pictures cause I miss those little rugrats!! See my eyes watered from laughter and sadnes all in one comment. I wish you would call me back!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

My favorite is this: the post about you getting a call from school that Ren ran into a door--and you were in the middle of coloring your hair. It was so funny I laughed out loud--and it takes a lot for me to do that from something I read!

Kris said...

Em, I'm going to agree with Becky, my favorite post is the one where you were dying your hair and the school called. That was just hilarious. Another post I liked is when you posted pictures of Rachel having a bunch of scratches all over, and you didn't know if it was the dog or the rose bushes! I love your blog. Keep it up for many more years, especially if we aren't going to be living anywhere close to each other. Ooh, I hope I win this contest! Anything from you is going to be good.

Charity and Crew said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, it's always nice to hear a word of encouragement. As far my favorite blog goes, I am not sure. I am going to have to look 'em over. You are a very talented writer and have a gift for expressing your thoughts. I'll get back to you on the favorite. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love the Ren/Hair color one! Not sure what the name is but it cracked me up! Thanks for all of your posts though; they make me laugh, cry etc.

ManicMandee said...

I loved the one with "Exhibit A and B" when Rachel got all scratched up by either the dog or rose bush.

Pick me!!!

Natalie said...

I loved your post where you opened up to questions too. The most embarrassing moment was the best! I also love your posts about your kid's birthdays and all the pictures you post so we can see how they grew up.

Hot Pants said...

I am with Markie, I loved the post you did about grandpa. I also LOVED the picture.

Karrie said...

I liked the post with the Aqua-net safes because it was so random, and I'm glad to know infomercials work their magic on others, too. Plus, Aqua-net just makes me laugh.
And I cannot believe that you have 19 pounds to lose. And that you've already lost 41. Just can't believe it. You look so good already.

Lynette said...

Like everyone else, I love all your posts. I think one of my favorites was the one where you answered questions, it really helped to get to know you better. And I love seeing the pictures of your children--they are adorable.

E said...

Happy birthday blog! I loved that post with the heart wrenching email Caleb wrote to you about wanting a dog. I also like your pink fluffy coconut ball days.

Nicole said...

I have only been blogging for a couple of months but I LOVE reading your blog.My favorites are any that will make me laugh and the one that made me laugh the most is when Ren ran into the door at school. This was even funnier when Raden came home a couple days later with a goose egg in the middle of his head and a note from the nurse saying he had run into the pole at school. Only I didn't get a call?! I missed out!

Cristin said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Not to be non committal and a brown noser but I like all your posts because I get to know you a little better each time.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading all of your posts but I especially like the post about the infomercials. It made me laugh that you asked for a snack master for Christmas. Hilarious!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I have loved reading your blog, and reconnecting with you, you are so open about sharing your life with us! What an awesome thing to do! My two year blog anniversary is in March!

My favorite entry(ies) would have to be the ones about Rob and your children in the early days of your married life. You are an example to so many people of strength and how to press forward!

We have so much to be grateful for! Thanks for sharing your beautifully blessed life!

Julie said...

My favorite is the New Mommy post. It was really funny. I like the Holding them Close post also. I liked the blog that you mentioned. It is now one of my favorite blogs.

I love reading your blog. It is fun to get to know you and your family more.
The Baughmans

Anna B said...

There are so many to choose from but I am with Dad. The 1st that came to my mind was the happy face stamp & Rachie. Happy Birthday to your blog and thanks for getting me into it.

Teresa said...

Because of my bad memory, I went through some of your old blogs to see which one stuck out as one I remember and I found it! I loved the "Thankful for my crazy life" blog you did last Thanksgiving time. I remember reading it and thinking how great it was for you to see the good in some of the harder things in life. I love your blog and love that I get to read about your family and find out what you are up to. Blogging was a GREAT invention. :-)

Christina said...

This was so hard to do one because I decided to take it seriously and really go through your blog and two because once I did this I found so many that I loved!! They made my day just seeing your ordinary life and your funny perspective on things!! I love your blog and your sense of humor and also your cute family!! My favorite was Friday, June 1, 2007
I NEED a box of these! (Mainly because chocolate is my friend in any time of distress) however I decided on Saturday, February 10, 2007
Thomas the Bird--January 3, 2006-February 8, 2007
It was so cute but the last sentence about the death in the family was too funny and it totally reminded me of something my husband would do!!:) Thanks for giving me a chance to get to know you better. You are such a fun Mom and you have a talent for blogging/writing!:)