Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Suckered


How do you convince 5 kids that flu shots can be fun?


You tell them it's for F.H.E.
Then, you take them to the movies and buy them popcorn.


13 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I'm taking this for my book.

tharker said...

FHE? That. is. awesome.

Great job mom!!

Margaret Proffitt said...

That's crazy! We almost got flu shots for FHE last night as well (we must have the same twisted sense of humor)... but I didn't think they'd give one to Booker while he's sick. There's always next Monday... bwahaha.

Anna B said...

You are like the meanest Mom ever. Trent is convinced that the Flu Shot is a conspiracy. Hope it's not true.

Kris said...

That is hilarious. Who thought of that one, you or Rob?? I bet it was a success, well, for the most part! :)

KunaBoy said...

Not to scare you but I got my flu shot a few weeks ago and immediately got the.....flu. I'm sure just a coincidence.

Hazel said...

I wonder what you'll do next. Do you think dentists work on Monday nights?
Has anyone else noticed a "dentist" theme?
Honestly, you could talk me into flu shots with the promise of movie and treats too.

Memzy said...

I've been debating about those for weeks now. I think I'll wait and see what happens to your kids first. Thanks for being my "lab rat".

ManicMandee said...

That is so cool and smart! This year was the first year I got my kids flu shots and only because the pediatrician talked me into it. Steve thinks like Trent.

E said...

That's an insanely good idea. I'm gonna go take the kids to "visit" dad at work, and BAM! Flu shots. (cuz they give flu shots at CVS) And I like Katie's dentist idea, too. Or here's one, lets clean the game room for FHE!

Christina said...

Great idea!! I like how you got everyone done and over with at once. I bet my kids would not be quite so upset with the little bonus at the end to take their minds off of it!! At least your kids will be healthy this winter!! Way to prepare.:)

Lynette said...

I think this was a fabulous idea.

Anonymous said...

I think I would rather catch the flu than get a shot but I would rather my kids get the shot than have the flu