This afternoon, Tait and I will be getting on a plane to California where two special things will be happening. First, we will celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday. If you know my grandma, then you would know why this is such a special occasion. I had the privilege to live close to my grandma almost my entire life. My grandpa died when I was about 5 or 6. My grandma was a fairly young widow who has never fully recovered from her loss. She is a remarkable woman in so many ways.
You see, she was really only a child still when she married my grandpa.
They raised 9 children together (my mom is on the top left). My grandma had 9 kids by the time she was my age. Amazing. When her and my grandpa were a young married couple, the missionaries knocked on their door. They were soon baptized and have always been faithful members of the church. Because of their faith and testimonies my life and the life of so many others is better. I am so grateful for my grandma and all that she has taught me by her quiet example. She is a gentle soul--a quiet servant of the Lord. I love her and I am looking forward to celebrating her life with the rest of my wonderful family who I miss so much. It's a surprise (don't worry, she doesn't read my blog) and I can't wait to see her face when she sees so many family members there from near and far.
The other reason for my visit is the baptism of my brother-in-law Scott. Anybody who has said there is no such thing as miracles was totally lying. I'm not saying that I didn't think it would happen, but I really didn't expect it to happen so soon. My sister has always said she knew he would join the church, but that it would be in his own time. Scott is such a neat guy. SO smart and mature beyond his years. We all knew that if he was going to choose to be baptized it was because HE wanted to. He has acquired his own testimony. Scott is the type of person who doesn't commit to anything unless he is willing to dedicate everything he has to the cause. He will live a faithful life committed 100%. I have no doubt.I'm so grateful that I'm going to be able to witness this awesome event. I love Scott and I love my sister. I couldn't be more proud.
I will miss you all while I'm gone. *To my Avra Valley girls: Please don't judge me when you see my children on Sunday. I have no idea what their hair or clothes will look like. I know Rob will give it a valiant effort, but nobody does it like mama. It's also the Primary program, which I will sadly be missing.
Thanks to my awesome husband who will be tackling the job of caring for 5 crazy kids for 2.5 days. He's my hero.
I'll have lots to report when I get back.

19 comments:
Sadly, Tom and Donnie will not be there. No one had the time/funds to get them here. I do have letters from them that someone (definitely NOT me) will have to read...
I'm excited to see you tomorrow!
Rob is awesome to tackle the kids while you are away. -and on a sunday! He's a great guy! Have fun!
Em, Have Fun. I will miss you. But.. I know you have so been looking forward to this. Enjoy your weekend!!
Good luck Rob. We'll all be cheering for you!! :)
Have a great time! I'm sure Rob will handle everything just great and your kids always look cute!
Have Fun Emily!! We will miss you in primary. What a fun experience to be at your brother-in-law's baptism. I loved reading about your amazing family as well. Enjoy every minute!!:)
Have fun and what awesome events to be celebrating!
Looking forward to it!
That sounds like so much fun. Say hi for me. You might have to explain who I am.
see ya soon!
I love stories like this. I too love miracles. What a blessed one that your family is going to see. Love this. Have fun and relish in the joy Emily.
What a wonderful blessing for everyone involoved. I love hearing stories like these. They give so much hope and for many. Congratulations to your BIL and sister.
That will be so exciting and fun to get to go to both awesome events. Have lots of fun and soak in the memories!
Those are both great reasons to celebrate!
I hope you're having a good time with your family!
What a fun trip. Those are 2 wonderful events to be able to attend. Your children looked and did great in the program today.
Thanks for making the trip. I know Grandma was pleased to have so many of her grandchildren here. Also, it was great to have you here for Scott's big day.
Rob is a braver man than I! I almost died when you kidnapped my wife for Time Out for Women (which I still think should be called Time Out for Dads :-), and that was only for about 8 hours! LOL!
Tell him that he can call me if he needs to borrow some handcuffs when the kids get out of control!
I LOVE your family pictures!!! Cherise did such a good job and you have a beautiful family :O)
Your kids did a great job in the program! They looked really good. We are all so excited about your brother-in-laws baptism! We hope you had an awesome trip. Get back safe!
I am looking forward to pix and details. Rob will do great!
Have fun loveya
Post a Comment