It's one of those days. You know, don't get out of your pajamas-crawl back into bed-pretend you have no responsibilities kind of days.
I don't like Mondays.
I have so many things on my to-do list, but I'm lacking the motivation (or energy) to do them. I decided to just bag them for the morning, and color my hair instead.
Darn those grey hairs.
As I'm applying the color to my already color damaged hair, the phone rings. It's the school. Seems my 5 year-old ran into the bathroom door. I'm thinking, didn't he just do that a couple weeks ago? Seriously, this kid runs into doors regularly. The nurse asks if I can come get him. Being the bad mom that I am, I begin to tell her that I just put color on my hair and it would be at least an hour before I could make it over to the school. I asked if he was bleeding. Nope. Was he upset? Nope. "Well, then can you just send him back to class?"
She said she would, but then began to ramble off a list of possible side effects to watch out for. Such as, brusing behind the ears, loss of eye sight, vomiting, brain damage...
He'll be fine. Trust me, I tell her, he'll be fine.
Me, on the other hand...I'm thinking if I would maybe run into the bathroom door, maybe it would snap me out of this.

Monday, November 3, 2008
Monday
Posted by Emily at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Oh Emily. What a dilemma. I am sorry you had to face that one. Let us know what happens okay. I can't believe the list she rambled on for you to feel super guilty about. Hope the gray hair gets covered. You might get extras over this one :) take care girl.
I HAVE run into a door before, and after regaining conscience, I was totally fine. Do you know how many times the school has called me to come pick up my kids, and I have given them some pathetic excuse why it would be awhile? I'm sure they are dying to call CPS on me.
Best part of this post: The last line.
And photos of your new hair color please?
Cody ran in to a pole at school :) I gave the same "bad mom" response...if she is not bleeding she can go back to class.
Sometimes Mondays stink...throw your list out the window and go for a walk. The fresh air might help and it is BEAUTIFUL outside!
Did you tell her the side effects of leaving color processing in your hair too long? Like that your hair will fall out? Duh, nurse lady.
I love this post and am totally still in my pajamas! Mondays are not my fave.
Ok, this is hilarious. I love how you ask if he's bleeding or crying. Uh, nope. Then send him back to class. I love it. Oh and the excuse that I'm dying my hair is just priceless. Let me know if running into your door helps! :) Keep your chin up, at least your kids are in school today. Mine are home cuz the teachers out here need like 50 days off. How Annoying. :)
I hate it when that happens!
Hair is very important! I would of done the same thing.
I hope he is okay...
Bub runs into doors/ walls/ tables EVERY single day and he's fine...haha
Has he had his eye sight checked?
What a great post. I love it. I thought Boys were suppose to run into things. Did you forget to hang out the Do Not Disturb sign??
I sure hope your days gets better. :) And makes to post a pic of the new do!!
That is so funny, it cheered up my monday. THANKS!!
I love your posts! This was a LOL one. I am actually still in my work out clothes from this morning. And tonight my plans include dying my hair :)
I probably would have had the doctor on the phone before the school nurse could even hang up. Then I would stare at him until I swore I saw all of the symptoms to look out for. I hope I grow out of the overacting stage soon. :O) By the way, thank you very much for the delicious bread. Steve and I have almost polished it off already. It is very yummy!
LOL, I needed a laugh today. I'm sitting her calling all the people who supposedly told us already that they're voting "yes", but it appears that someone coded their sheets wrong when they made the initial phone call. I'm getting cussed out fairly regularly.
But, I am sitting in my sweats, sipping hot chocolate (cold and rainy today). And I totally would have told her to send him back to class, although Meg is such a drama queen, they would probably think she was dying for sure.
I love your humor! You are so funny. And a great Mom!! Last week the school called about Christian being sick and the office staff actually told me that they were just letting me know but that they didn't think he was really sick (he can be a bit dramatic and I think they are all getting used to it). It turned out that he was really sick this time. I told them to send him back to class so I felt kind of bad!! I think if I were dying my hair I would have tried anything to by some time too!! I liked your joke about running into a door!! Hilarious!!
One of your best posts Em! I loved it.
Those school nurses.... I think they are worried they will get sued or something if they don't call home about every single thing. You should have them put something in your kids' file like "has six kids, only call if life/death emergency, colors hair regularly at home."
That ought to stop the phone calls.
I thought it was a funny post too. Your were smart not to over react....unless the next post tells us that Ren is sufferring from a major concusion. LOL.
the part I can't believe is that you have some gray hairs!!!. I too want to see the new hair color.
I'm so sorry I missed this post yesterday. I think I too rn into the bathroom door caus I can't remember a thing that happened yesterday. Thanks for the laugh on this depressing Tuesday morning.
You are so funny! I love reading your posts!
I ran into a door handle when I was pregnant and had a bruise the size of Rhode Island on my Alaskan sized stomach! The school always calls at the most inconvenient times. I always get the call when I'm on the opposite side of town!
Post a Comment