Monday, September 8, 2008

The Details

We got home yesterday morning and have been trying to adjust and get to know the newest member of our family.
For journaling purposes and those who are curious, here's Tait's birth story:
I started having fairly regular contractions Friday morning. We left for Phoenix in the morning to pick up Rob's Mom from the airport. We got home around 2:00 in the afternoon and there was a message from the birthing center wanting to know if I could come in that day for the induction. I guess they were really slow. I called them back and they said it was too late, to just come in at my scheduled time the next morning (Saturday).
I told them I may be coming in soon anyway because I felt like I was in labor. Around 4:00 I got a call back from the birthing center wanting to know if I could come in. They told us to be there at 8pm. By this time I was getting pretty uncomfortable, but not in full fledged labor yet.

We were getting pretty excited and anxious. Rob had our neighbor and friend come over and help give me a blessing. It was wonderful. I felt strangely at peace all day after having a really bad day the day before. Prayers were definitely being said on our behalf.


We got the kids settled with Rob's Mom, packed the car and headed for the hospital around 6'ish. We took the scenic route and stopped to have dinner on the way. We got to the hospital around 7:30. They checked us in right away and we got settled into our room.

They started my IV's and around 8:00 and the Pitocin to help regulate things around 9:00. My doctor came in sometime between then and broke my water. I got my epidural which was AWESOME around 10 or so. After that Rob and I just listened to music and tried to sleep. My nurse came in around 12:40 and checked me and said I was 7cm and about 10 minutes later I was complete. The doctor was nowhere to be found and it was looking like the nurses were going to have to deliver the baby. They stopped the pitocin and that helped. The doctor showed up around 1:15 and Tait was born at 1:33am.

The birth could not have gone any easier. It was perfect. By far my easiest.

This was just minutes after he was born. I love how happy Rob looks. We were both just so grateful and relieved.

This was Rachel's first time meeting her new baby brother. She didn't come to the hospital because we were afraid it would be too much for her. Don't you just love the look on her face?




My MIL did a little photo shoot today and got some cute pictures of Tait. He was less than thrilled with the ordeal, but did cooperate for a few cute shots.


10 toes
I love his hair. It is so dark and thick in the back. Almost as much as Ren and Sarah had when they were born.
He is a really sweet baby. A little on the extra fussy side today, but I'm hoping it passes. I feel like I'm starting to catch up on a little sleep, but this is no job for sissy's--that's for sure!

Photobucket

22 comments:

Anna B said...

Wow, I get to be the first to comment. He is so CUTE!!! I can't wait to kiss him. I love the pic of Rachel she looks so big next to him. Hope he gets less fussy for you. Love you!

Hot Pants said...

I loved the photo shoot. I love baby feet, all wrinkly and loose skinned.

Anonymous said...

Emily. I am so impresseed with your strengenth and your patience! Im so happpy that everything went well for you! tait looks like a sweet baby and im sure all the kids are anxious for his home coming. one thing that is great is those olders bros and sis to help you out. take care and congrats!

Willow said...

Emily, I have read you blog for a while and only recently figured out how to leave a comment.

Congratulations! Little Tait is absolutely darling.

ManicMandee said...

I am glad that everything went so well! Wow. He looks so sweet. I'm glad your mother in-law is there. Hope everything continues to go well. Love you.

Jan said...

Glad it went well for you all.. I loved seeing your pictures. Really warmed my heart. He is perfect. Welcome Tait.

tharker said...

He is so beautiful Em! Congratulations!!!

I really, really love the picture with Caleb holding Tait. The look on Caleb's face is just so touching to me.

Cristin said...

Yay, I'm glad everything went so smoothly. Everyone looks so happy and Tait is adorable!!! I love love his hair. too cute!

Pearl Girl said...

Oh what a sweetie. I am so glad he is finally here. Here being earth of course (not ID, but that would be even better) I can't wait to hold him. My kids said to tell you they are very happy and they think he's dang cute, and they are asking over and over when we are going to see you again??

Kris said...

WOW, Emily, he's so adorable. Those pictures that Barbara took are just awesome. I love the photos of all the kids holding little Tait. The one of Caleb and Tait, just melted my heart. I'm so glad that everything went well with the delivery and this little guy is perfect. He'll be a great addition to your family! Love ya and thanks for the details.

Debie Spurgeon said...

yeh, I love the labor details, especially the news that your epidural was enjoyable. People have been telling me their's didn't work lately, though I've never had a problem.
So glad you are home safe and sound, Tait is adorable. Congratulations.

homegirl said...

Emily- he is so cute! Your family looks so happy to have a little brother. Congratulations on your newest addition, I'm so glad everything went well. Take care and try to get some sleep!

E said...

He's really cute! I love that picture of him putting up his dukes. Rachy looks so cute holding him. Love all that hair! Congrats.

And thanks for sharing your journal with us. I love reading it ;).

Memzy said...

Hooray for easy labors. Hooray for coming hom. Super hooray for you MIL being there! Many congrats from us--he is adorable, as everyone else has noticed.

The Gainors said...

congratulations! He's beautiful. and i love the name.

ShelBailey said...

He's a cutie! No surprise there, though...

Love you guys...

Joseph and Tiffany said...

What a cute little guy. I'm so glad it was an easy birth! Take it easy. We would be more than happy to have Rachel over for a play date some afternoon when you'd like some time for just you and Tait (and sleep!).

Eliza said...

I can't believe I missed the big announcement. I'm usually so good at keeping up with everyone's blogs. Let me just say you have a BEAUTIFUL little man. The pictures of the kids holding him are precious. Tait is so lucky to be born into such a great family. You tell him he better let you sleep a little or you won't be a very happy mommy. :)

Gates Family said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for you guys. Tait is so cute. You look great. (I have been a slacker on the comments lately, so its been a couple days.)

The 5 Nelsons said...

What a precious little guy. Ren told me all about him when I visited their kindergarten class today. Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful! Your kids were so excited to tell me about Tait on Sunday. They said he has long fingers! Can't wait to meet him!

Williams Family Dirt said...

He's beautiful Emily! Congratulations, and I am so happy that everything went well. Enjoy your little miracle!