Sunday, August 17, 2008

A New Haircut and Stuff

I did it. I finally got the haircut I've been needing for a long time. It's one less thing I'll have to worry about after this baby comes. Rob gave me almost the entire day on Saturday to do all my selfish stuff and I really appreciated it! It was a fun and productive day.

I was at our "Super Saturday" craft day at the church yesterday and someone came up to me and said, "Hey chubby!" If you knew who it was (and some of you do) you would know why I wasn't offended. It's true and I'm totally ok with it. Not very attractive picture, but some of you wanted to see the new hair-do, so here you go. I feel lame putting pictures of myself on here.


I love how light and weightless my hair feels now. It was well worth the big bucks to have a good quaility haircut and boost my confidence just a little.

In other news...

I bought my first package of diapers on Friday. I thought it would make things seem more real.

No such luck.

I also went to the doctor on Friday and she checked things out and said I am "progressing." I won't gross you out with the details of my cervix, but it is doing what it's supposed to do. The doctor asked me to take it easy and hang on for at least a week, but she isn't going to stop anything from here on out. Honestly, I'm thinking with my luck I will now go overdue. Wouldn't that be nice?

Photobucket

26 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I was glad to get an update on your cervix. Truthfully.
Your hair looks great! And you do NOT look chubby. You always look beautiful.

Stephanie said...

I bet it was Laura! :-)

I love the new hair cut, and we missed you in Primary!

Jen said...

Love the new dooo. It looks great!

KunaBoy said...

Mimi, You look great with the new hair. Miss you guys lots!

Lynette said...

I love your new hair cut and color. At first glance I wondered why you were posting some blond woman on your blog! Where did you end up going?

Margaret Proffitt said...

Great color, great cut! Do you know of a good place to get a pedicure? I think the only reason this kid isn't coming is because my toes aren't cute.

Memzy said...

1. You aren't even NEAR chubby.

2. Your haircut if FAB. Truly.

3. Praying for your cervix.

Debie Spurgeon said...

You look beautiful.

I have come to realize that chubby is a term of endearment, coming from some. Glad you were able to smile.

You are so close to baby day, I'm jealous.

tharker said...

It looks great Emily! A good hair cut can definitely work wonders on the old self esteem while prego.

I just read the post about the hispanic woman's comment. Hilarious!!!

Kris said...

Your hair looks great Emily. Hang in there these last few weeks. I hope they fly by for you.

Jan said...

It is gorgeous on you Emily. I love it. So soft and nice. Thanks for the share of the new do.

Pearl Girl said...

NO way, this won't surprise you, but I just got the same haircut last week. ha ha ha. I bet our baby boys will have all teh same clothes too. oh wait a minute duh.
and to answer your question. No I am not sure. let me double check.

TimW8 said...

Your hair looks great. I can't wait til your man can play with my man.

Gates Family said...

Cute hair. Like a space cadet, I didn't say anything to you. Sorry. I missed you yesterday too.
You are not chubby, and you certainly aren't very big for being "done". How unfair.
Good luck.

Judi Oakley said...

Well, I officially do not know how to reply to comments. But, I read your comment and wanted to say thanks. I really enjoyed having the kids at the ultrasound. I think they really liked it, too. It is a pretty amazing thing. I am glad that we got to share it with them. Your hair looks great, by the way. I like the color. I think there is something about being late in pregnancy that makes you need to change your hair. I did it, too. :O)

Dalana and Mark said...

Your haircut is really cute Emily! I'm glad you were able to have a day to yourself and get some things done. Good job on buying the diapers and good luck w/ having that baby boy soon.

Cristin said...

SUPER CUTE!!!!

I love cervix talk...it's my favorite. haha I'm just glad it's not MY cervix. :)

E said...

You're gorgeous! Do you really not know that? Bring on the cervix talk. We can handle it.

Jenn said...

Cute hair! I just retired my blonde for natural brown with grey highlights...;o)

Can't wait to see that baby!

Charity and Crew said...

Love the hair cut! You are a very cute pregnant lady. Although I do understand feeling chubby, I can honestly say you are in no wise chubby. Congrats on the start of diaper storage. Once that baby gets here that's the last thing you want to do, is have to run to the store for some. It's the craziest thing the more children I had the sooner my body made preparations for delivering the baby but not yielding results for weeks. So if your anything like me the "progress" may continue for a fews weeks yet. Thanks for your comments on my blog. And I need to come visit you.

Anna B said...

Why am I always the last one to comment. WHATEVER! I love the haircut and the color looks great. Sorry you have to run into so many rude people. What the heck.

Anonymous said...

You look great! Your hair is darling. I was always told that women are more beautiful when they are pregnant. I think it is really true. You have a special glow that cannot be imitated. You are always gorgeous!

Even when you don't feel pretty it is what is inside that counts. (HMMM, I guess pun intended *U*)

ShelBailey said...

Cute 'do! But, you're always gorgeous, so that's no surprise.

Eliza said...

Emily the hair is HAWT!! I really need to get a backbone and chop mine. It's so stylish. I don't even know where to start with the "chubby" comment. I'm so excited for you and your family the baby is almost here!!

Christina said...

Love the new do!!! It is so cute! You are a beautiful pregnant lady inside and out and not chubby in the slightest. I remember those last few weeks just seem to go on and on...but in the end every minute of pregnancy is so worth it. I just wish I had a little picture of what was in store for me in a few weeks that last month. I wouldn't have cared being pregnant or overdue!! Babies are just so fun and worth it once they are here!! HOpe everthing continues to go well and hope you call if you need ANYTHING at all!! By the way I am thinking that was so awesome to get a fun day all to yourself!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I love the haircut, and the highlights! Best of luck on upcoming delivery!