Monday, March 10, 2008

Family Fun Overload

We got back from our 4 day trip to Cali late Saturday night. The trip completely wiped me out and probably took a few years off my life, but it was tons of fun and well worth every penny! I didn't take very many pictures because I wanted to just enjoy it all and not bug the kids or obsess over taking tons of pictures. But, here's a few...


This is the only picture I have to prove that we were all there together. It is hard these days to get a family picture! We decided to all wear the same color on both days to help us spot each other easier. It really helped! I'm proud to say we didn't lose any children!

This picture of Sarah was taken on day 2 at California Adventure.* It also happened to be her birthday. There was no cake and ice cream or candles, but she was perfectly fine with it. I did buy her this little Mickey Mouse rice crispy treat and we all sang to her. If you ask her, she'll tell you it was her best birthday EVER!

Ren didn't understand why this sword wouldn't come out! If you look in the background you'll see my brother trying to find the button that he says is supposed to release the sword. Yeah right.


Rachie was so much fun!! She just took it all in and was so expressive and cute! She won't remember her first trip to Disneyland, but we sure will!



Kennedy being Kennedy.


For some reason the girls refused to take any pictures with any of the princesses. I don't know what their problem was. It was like they were intimidated. We did get this cute picture of Kennedy with Goofy.



The girls hanging out with Grandpa. It was fun having my parents there and the kids loved having their cousins to hang around with.



My SIL Amber, Kennedy and my niece Evelyn on Dumbo.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We weren't planning on spending anytime at the beach because we needed to get home, but at the last minute we decided to take the kids anyway. I'm so glad we did because it was just the icing on the cake! It has been a long time since we've been and the kids were so excited! Ren was especially excited because he is OBSESSED with dirt and he had a giant sand box to play in. Since we weren't planning on going to the beach, we didn't pack appropriate clothing for the kids, so they got really muddy, but it was worth it!




It took Rachie a little while to get used to the sand between her toes, but after a while, she LOVED it!





This was a great end to a WONDERFUL family vacation that we will never forget! We are already making plans to do it all again in a few years. I can't wait.

13 comments:

eekareek said...

Looked like fun. I can't wait to take my kids there again.

tharker said...

So fun! What a good idea to all wear the same color. I never would have thought of that.

I love all the pictures. Especially the one of Ren in the sand and Rachel at Disneyland. They both look like they are in pure heaven!

Now, go get some rest :)

Pearl Girl said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at Disneyland. I am glad you didn't lose any kids. :)

Memzy said...

From what Shed tells me, getting lost at Disneyland is fun. I guess your kids missed out. ::wink::

Sooo, a boy eh?

Anna B said...

One word...JEALOUS!!!! Can't wait for the Grand Canyon though.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Looks like a blast! I absolutely agree with you--Disneyland is just a magical place!

Eliza said...

What wonderful memories for the kids. Disneyland is one of my childhood memories that I cherish. So do you have any boy names in case it's right?

emily w. said...

What a fun family vacation. We're going to California in June and hoping to fit Disneyland in the budget as well. We love the happiest place on earth!

Cristin said...

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a good time and if I got to spend my birthday at Disneyland it would be the best birthday EVER too! :)

E said...

Looks like fun! I'm ready for a vacation.

Anonymous said...

Thaks for sharing those wonderful pictures of your vacation. You got some very choice shots.

We will be excited to find out what the final gender test shows.

Hot Pants said...

I love last minute stops! Glad you had fun, but I think it may have been too much. Amanda is sad that she is here with me now.

Kornie Pie said...

so......I know this may sound super weird but I totally started crying when I was reading about this blog and your trip. I miss you all soooooo dang much. Why did i leave? lol...My Rockett has gotten so big and as cute as ever! :) well Thanks for everything that you and your family do for me! i love you all! MUAH!! :)