Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter 08

Easter at our house started with "Daddy pancakes." These pictures don't do these pancakes justice. Rob has a true talent when it comes to pancake art. It involves several steps and a turkey baster.

This was my attempt at an Easter picture of the kids in their spiffy new clothes.


Caleb did an Easter egg hunt for the kids in our backyard. Rachel especially loved it, but was surprisingly uninterested in the candy. The empty eggs were much more interesting.


We finished the day off with a yummy roast turkey dinner. Perfection.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Jan said...

Emily-those pancakes are so great. I am going to attempt that sometime. Very clever husband. You have a beautiful family and I am so happy to be able to see them. They look really great in their new clothes. It looks like you had a wonderful Easter day surrounded in love. Take Care. Jan

tharker said...

Love the pancakes! What a fun daddy.

Your kids all look great! I love all these pictures ;)

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting the pictures. I know the pancakes are amazing but the kids are fabulous and beautiful.

Miss you.

Kris said...

You are so lucky to have a husband that will cook! Those pancakes are so cool! Rob is a stud! Love the pictures of your kids. They are getting so grown up! That's funny that Rachie didn't like the candy, that's all Porter wanted! Glad you had a good weekend! I missed you this weekend! :)

Williams Family Dirt said...

Sounds like a great Easter!

emily w. said...

What a nice Easter. I will definitely have to try that pancake technique. Pancakes figure highly into our dinner rotation so I'm always looking for fun variations.

Pearl Girl said...

You should post a picture of the horse pancake that Rob made when I was there. The kids look so cute! I wish I had some money, I would buy a plane ticket to tucson. BTW how did you take the picture of your dinner. Did you stand on the table? I still can't get used to you taking so many pic. because when we lived in WA you took almost none. I'm still trying to get better at taking more.

Eliza said...

Way to go Rob on those pancakes you are totally a pancake artist! The kids look so cute Emily. My daughter Riley was looking at their pictures and had many questions about Caleb. "What's HIS name mommy?" "How old is HE?" "Does he live in Amarillo?" I'm not sure what the facination was but my guess is she had a little crush. He is a very handsome boy after all.

Memzy said...

I an personally attest to the magnificence that IS Rob's pancake perfection.

Rob-not-Bob said...

(In faux French accent):
As an art-eest', it is my one dezayer to present a work zat is truly worzy of your p-raise.

Come now! Zees are zuh silly scribbelings of a dehranged mind. ZAY ARE BORING LITTLE PIECES OF RABBIT DROPPINGS! I will not lizzen to zuch ninny-headed dribble until I will have completed my piece de resistance, my magnum opus, my precious Mona Lisa. It will call to you in zuh night and you will gaze into its beauty and you will be unable to look away. It will change your life!

But not yet, monami. Go now. I am being ashamed to converse to you.

Eliza said...

And he has a mean faux French accent... Emily you're a lucky lady.

Anna B said...

I hope Trent doesn't see this post and get anymore ideas for his famous "wheat pancakes".