Sunday, March 2, 2008

7 years ago...


This picture makes me both laugh and cry. I laugh because I look like a cow, but I cry because I have such wonderful memories of the day we were sealed. I was 9 months pregnant with Sarah (she was born 5 days later) and I remember hoping and praying that she wouldn't come early. The day we got the letter from President Hinckley saying that we could get sealed was a great day. The letter was so special and felt very personal. There were promises in that letter that put specific question that I had in my mind at ease. I will always cherish that letter.

My Grandpa Waite was able to perform our sealing making it even more special. He said some beautiful things and the spirit was strong. I felt so much gratitude in my heart for all the blessings that the Lord had given me. He had been so patient with me and oh so forgiving! I am so grateful that I was able to get Rob to put up with me for eternity. I know I definitely got the good end of the deal on this one.
Rob's sister Becky's birthday is also on this day and I love that we share this special day. Happy Birthday Becky!!

11 comments:

Anna B said...

I can't believe it has been that long ago. I remember that day very well. Congratulations! You guys are perfect for eachother. Happy Birthday to Becky too!

Memzy said...

You look HAWT! Pregnancy suits you well.

Pearl Girl said...

I hope you had a nice anniversary. :D

ShelBailey said...

Happy anniversary. I remember, but we couldn't be there for some reason. But, we were excited that you finally got what you'd always deserved. :0) We love you both!

ManicMandee said...

You are very cute pregnant! I can't wait until Thursday!!!!!

Kris said...

I was trying to figure out why you looked different. I didn't realize that it was just days before you had Sarah! I'm a dork. Anyway, I love the picture, and I'm glad that you shared it with us. It's been a long time since I've been on your blog. I'm a slacker. Happy Anniversary!

Eliza said...

What a special time for you guys. Reading this made me get all teary eyed. You totally deserve this wonderful life that you two have made for each other. Congrats!!!

tharker said...

Congrats! That picture is great! Hooray for Sarah waiting until the big day was over!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the e-mail today. It was a nice suprise when I got to work. I responded but then noticed it came from your phone so I hope you got my reply. Miss talking to you on a regular basis so keep it up. Dont leave me hangin. Hope you had a great day and I love reading your blog. By the way... you look incredible at nine months in your temple gown. Last time I put that thing I was obviously not pregnant but looking back on my pictures I look about your same size. YIKES!!

Kris said...

Hey Em, how are you? You must be busy. It's been awhile since you've posted. I hope you are feeling well! Love ya, Girl!