Wednesday, January 16, 2008

They came and they left

I woke up this morning to a blood curdling scream from Ren as he realized that Grandma and Grandpa Matson were really gone. He was inconsolable. Completely heartbroken and distraught that they would leave him. They were here a week and as far as Ren was concerned that was just not long enough! We had such a great time with them and are so grateful they would take a week out of their busy lives to spend it with us. I hope they had as good of a time as we did. The perfect weather was a gift from us to them. We love you both so much and THANK YOU, THANK YOU for coming!!

Here are some highlights:

What's a visit from Grandma without baking cookies? My kids were in heaven because I don't usually have the patience to let them cook with me. Kids in kitchen=MESS.


Grandma was so patient with Ren as he asked to play game after game after...


Grandpa patiently put up with Ren's obsession with playing games. Thanks Grandpa!


Grandma even jumped on the trampoline with Ren.


We took the kids to the zoo and it was so much fun. The weather couldn't have been better!

Your eyes are not deceiving you. Yes, these kids are swimming outdoors in January! Grandma took them over to their hotel and took them swimming.





Please come back soon!!


5 comments:

Kris said...

WOW! I can't believe that Grandma Matson got on the Tramp! Seriously, that is so cool. You have the best in-laws! It looks like your kids had a great time with them! I'm glad that they were able to come and visit your family!

Anna B said...

You have the best in-laws...LUCKY!

tharker said...

Yeah, it just looks wrong to see your kids jumping into the pool in January! But only because I'm completely and insanely jealous!

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time! We are so glad that we could come and spend that time.

Hate to say it but! I am glad that Ren screamed and cried! WE love that we are missed when we leave.

Pearl Girl said...

Man I am so jealous, not that I have the energy to keep up with you and grama but, it looks like so much fun.