Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blessed times six

I figured before the associated press decides to share our news, I better do it first. We weren't planning on breaking the news for a while, but because of some unexpected obstacles that have forced us to tell a few people early on, we decided we better just spill the beans now. We found out a couple weeks ago we are expecting number 6. If you think we are crazy, you are right. We knew that we wanted just one more and thought just getting it out of the way would pay off in the long run. The last week has been a roller coaster of emotions for us as last week during an ultrasound we found out we were having twins. The doctor was unable to really see much other than the sacs, so we have been waiting on pins and needles for a week to find out if one or both of the babies survived. There's been a lot of lab work and grief involved in this process and sadly, today we found out one of the twins did not survive. The good news is that the other baby's heart was pounding away and all looked perfect. So, right around my 32nd birthday we will welcome the final member of our family and we are thrilled.

23 comments:

ShelBailey said...

Woo hoo! Congrat, I know you were "baby hungry". I'm excited for you guys. You're fabulous parents and it'll be a lucky little person to join your family.

tharker said...

Wow! Congratulations Emily! That is very exciting news. I'm sorry to hear that one of the babies didn't make it, but I'm happy for you that the other baby is doing well.

Here's to a healthy 9 months! You are such a great mom, you should have like 6 more! JUST KIDDING!

Kris said...

So cool Emily. I was on the phone with Barbara tonight and she told me the news. So I had to come and check out your blog! I'm so excited for you! I know she is tickled pink! How amazing that you were having twins. I can't believe that! I'm in shock. I'm glad that one is doing fine. Congrats! I hope you have a healthy pregnancy! Gosh, it seems to be baby booming season! No news here though!

Kornie Pie said...

OMG........ANOTHER ONE LIL BROTHER/SISTER I will have. GEEPERZ THATS NUTS!I'll be the oldest of 7... I am sorry I am not there for you Emmie! and I am so sad you lost one. I miss you like crazy. I am so excited for you, but at the same token I can't stand the fact that I won't be here for you to watch them or even just be with you all. I'll be serving the Lord. :) Oh do I need to come visit lol.. well CONGRATULATIONS!!! your an awesome mom. Send me pics so I can put them up on my wall. I love yas! Take care

Katie said...

Congrats! You guys will be great with six kids.

Cristin said...

YAY! Congrats! I'm so happy for your beautiful family! This baby is so lucky!

Anna B said...

I am happy for you...you will be a good mom of 6. I also like that I won't be the oldest Mom in our family. Thanks.

Karrie said...

Your birthday is in September, right? Good luck with the next months ahead- I personally am going to burn what few maternity clothes I have left in a few months. The twin thing is common in early pregnancy- they call it a ghost twin up to 10 weeks, I think. You are fortunate to have the one, and I hope you have no complications, only a chocolate filled nine months! (My sister Karen is due Sept. 17 FYI)

Memzy said...

I think you are crazy. JUST KIDDING!! Congrats to you guys.

Emily said...

Em, I know your not kidding, but that's ok. Thanks everyone for all the well wishes! I really appreciate it!!

Pearl Girl said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. My kids are all standing around me asking what happened, why did you scream. Cuz I gotta call Enimy.

E said...

Exciting news, Emily! How fun that you and Amanda will have babies around the same time--you gotta have at least one cousin the same age. Keep us updated on how things are going! Congratulations!

Eliza said...

Emily I am so excited for you. You seem like such a great mom this baby is so blessed to be comming to your family. You will have to keep us all posted on your progress. I am really not feeling the "hunger" so does that mean I am done??? I will have to see if youi insiper me hahaha...

Shed said...

If it's a boy you have my permission to name him Sherod. Actually, you can name it Sherod if it's a girl also. I'm really happy for you and Rob.

Anonymous said...

I about dropped my jaw when I read the twin thing! Sorry that isn't gong to happen but thrilled that you are going to have another little Matson. We will even be happy if it is not a boy. *U* I wouldn't trade those cute girls for anything but the boys are also terrific!

You are expert parents and we are excited grandparents.

Here is sending you tons of love and hoping and praying that you will feel OK.
Love,
Grandma Matson

Williams Family Dirt said...

Congratulations, I am excited for you! I wish you all the best, I can't imagine the range of emotions you are feeling. My thoughts are with you, and Rob.

Teresa said...

Pregnant with the sixth!! That is the number I always said I wanted, but I am not sure I will make it. :) That is so exciting and big families are the best!
I am sorry to hear about the loss of the twin. That would have made life really interesting. I hope that you are feeling OK with that.

Natalie said...

Congrats Emily! I am happy for you and your family. Good luck to you guys! How are you feeling? Do you get sick with pregnancies?

Vegas Family said...

Emily! WOW, great news. You seem like the kind of mother that could handle six little ones with ease. I really admire you. I hope things go well for you with your pregnancy and sent best wishes your way. Congrats!

emily w. said...

Congratulations Emily. That is such exciting news. I'm sorry about the loss of the twin. I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions that you must be on. This is a very lucky baby to be joining such a wonderful family.

eekareek said...

Yeah, I am so excited. I majorly want another baby and I LOVE it when people have big families. I am all about 6 kids and don't think it is crazy at all. I hope all goes well and sorry to hear about the other baby.

Amber Waite said...

TIS (This is Andy)
too late sherod... she is going to name it drew if it's a boy or girl after me... being that i set emily and rob up in the first place. so there. right em?
by the way emily i cant view your blog from my account, you need to invite me. birdloaf@gmail.com

hatch said...

Congratulations Emily! This is awesome news! You are such a good mom. I agree with Tiffani you should have six more!