Saturday, December 1, 2007

Rain

It rained for hours yesterday. That may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but for us here in desertville, it really disrupts things. I really love the rain. I love the smell, sound and the air after it's over. We don't usually see rain in the winter. We get 97.3% of ours in the summer during monsoon season, so a nice winter rain is a treat for us.

Rumor has it Santa is coming to our neighborhood and dumping snow for the kids to play in. The kids are beside themselves thinking they may get to play in some (fake) snow. Remember last year? Pictures are sure to follow documenting every pathetic moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bully update:
For those of you who asked, here's an update on the bully situation with Caleb. The Principal finally called me on Thursday and we had a nice, long conversation about the whole ordeal and we came to some conclusions. Caleb no longer has any classes with this brat, I mean kid. They don't have lunch together either, so the opportunity for him to harass Caleb has been almost eliminated. Disciplinary action was taken, but the principal wouldn't disclose what it was due to "privacy policies." Whatever. She promised me that she would be "on top of things" and there would be no further problems. I am satisfied for now (I guess). My main concern is that Caleb feels safe and he says that he does. Caleb has gathered his posse and they all have his back, so I think we are going to be just fine. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and threats to retaliate on his behalf. Like someone in my family used to say, "You mess with one bean, you mess with the whole burrito."

10 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad that Caleb will no longer be around that kid. Sounds like it was a horrible mess. I hope he feels safe too! I hate mean kids.

I remember your post last year about fake snow. So fun! Glad you guys got a little rain. How nice to feel a little refreshed! It snowed again today here. That's the 3rd time this week! Crazy!

Hot Pants said...

Are the bullie's parents going to pay for the bill? They are responsible for it.

tharker said...

The fake snow is pretty funny! I didn't see that post until just now. Hilarious!

I'm so glad that the principal has taken some action to protect Caleb's interests and safety. I hope that there are no more problems so that he can feel safe and secure.

Vegas Family said...

Nothing like having some great friends to watch your back. Great job Caleb and Emily! I am glad it has worked out. I think we shared the rain with you in our half of the desert.

E said...

Rain is a rare treat in Las Vegas, as well. Homer was astounded to see "water? water? water?" falling from the sky on Friday, without a hose in sight.

I'm glad everything worked out with Caleb!

ManicMandee said...

Glad things are looking up on the bully situation. And your yard looks really nice!

Anna B said...

We have real snow. Why don't you come down here and check it out?

Andrew Waite said...

i'm with you on the rain thing.... rain is awesome... i like that kind of gloomy depressed feeling that comes along with it. serious.

Amber Waite said...

Nothing beats the smell of the air right after it rains. I love the rain and fake snow too! When I was little we lived here in Bakersfield but my dad worked in Tehachapi so he would always bring down a truckload of snow and just dump it in our front yard. Man, were we the envy of the neighborhood. I'm glad you guys got everything worked out with Caleb. Kids can be so cruel sometimes. Nobody deserves that expecially my smart little nephew.

Cristin said...

I remember when I liked rain...sigh. lol

I'm glad you got things worked out with the school and that punk. I hope that's last we hear of him.