Friday, December 7, 2007

Flashback Friday

I have been spending a little time here and there going through old pictures and trying to organize them. I came across this one today and it brought back a flood of memories. I believe this was Christmas of 1996. So much has changed over the last 11 years with everybody in this picture. Look at Molly, she was just a cute little sassy girl and now she's about to get married. Sam. Look at him. He's going to be turning 17 next week. Andy is now married with 2 kids. I think it was this Christmas when Amanda had her boyfriend Jeff (good thing that didn't work out) and now she is happily married to Steve and has 4 great kids. This was me 5 kids ago. It's a little strange looking back at myself 11 years ago because so much was different. I'm quite pleased with where I've ended up. Sherod was about to get married (I believe) when this picture was taken. Now he has been married 11 years and has 3 great boys and a very successful business. Tim had been married for almost 2 years and now 11 years later, they are still going strong. Anna just had Brigg at the time (right?) and was still teaching and now she has 5 great kids and 2 businesses. Mom and Dad have also had many changes over the last 11 years. All but 1 of their kids is still living at home, my Mom is caring for her mother full time and my parents are preparing for retirement.

Time passes so quickly and things are constantly changing, but one thing remains the same, we always have our FAMILIES. Isn't that what it's all about?

12 comments:

The Gainors said...

So true. It was so good to hear from you. Your family is beautiful. How long have you been in AZ? Are you guys going to be in bako at all for Christmas? We will be there for 2 weeks and i'm pretty sure that my parents just live down the street from yours. We were lucky enough to be in the same ward as them a few years ago when we still lived there and I never really knew them before but i got to hear them speak on occasion and they are such amazing people. i really enjoyed it. i'm so glad that you are well and i will keep stalking you on your blog. Merry Christmas!

tharker said...

There was a whole lot of velvet going on in '96!

I got married just after Christmas of '96, and my bridesmaids all wore burgandy velvet. Blech! My sweet sisters in law were so kind to wear those dresses for me!!!!

This is a great picture Em!

TimW8 said...

You can pick your friends and in a theater you can pick your seat but whatever you do, don't pick your friend's seat. If you're a picker I wanna hear about it! Click here to take the poll.

Memzy said...

Ah, yes. I very much 'member this picture. I was standing in the entry way watching and I helped Sam get dressed beforehand. But Em, didn't you already have Caleb?

Emily said...

Yes, I did have Caleb. I guess I should have said 4 kids ago! Oops.

Williams Family Dirt said...

That is an awesome picture of your family...everyone looks like I remember them!!

Kris said...

I love the old family photo! This is hilarious. I'm so jealous that everyone in your family has a blog. How fun for you to stay connected with them! You have a fun family!

Anna B said...

I can't believe how much i hate EVERY single family picture we have ever taken. What the heck. Thanks for the memories.

Vegas Family said...

I think it's a great family photo. The men look very dashing in their suites. You all look great!

eekareek said...

I like this picture too. Everyone looks good.

Cristin said...

I love this picture, velvet and all!

E said...

You guys sure make a handsome family! We never took such fancy pictures.