Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am now the proud owner of...

This beauty!
And this beauty!

Christmas came early for me. Rob and I decided that we would like to start going for family bike rides, which meant he and I both needed bikes and we needed a trailer to carry Rachie in. So, our family bike collection is complete and we will now be taking regular bike rides around the trails in our neighborhood. The only problem is this:
Ren REFUSES to pedal!! He wants to do it Fred Flinstone style! Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to watch my very capable 4.5 year-old scooting along, refusing to even put his feet on the bike pedals! So, I guess I should say, we WILL be going on family bike rides as soon as we can can get Ren to cooperate. Sarah on the other hand...we took off her training wheels on Saturday and she was GONE! We didn't have to help her at all! What a difference there is between her and her brother!

8 comments:

ManicMandee said...

How fun for you guys! What a great thing it will be. You should take video of it and post it. I would enjoy that.

hatch said...

I have loved my bike trailor! Family bike rides are the best! Soon I am sure Ren will get tired of the flinestone style of riding....

Kris said...

These will be so great! Have fun starting a new tradition!

Pearl Girl said...

I have them too but I never use them. What is wrong with me??? I can picture you riding a along. Will you have Jordan and Rachel in the back?

Pearl Girl said...

by the way westin won't pedal either, DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!

tharker said...

I haven't owned a bike for myself since I was about 11 years old. I keep thinking that we should do this too. Funny story about Ren. Somehow, I picture Josh doing the EXACT same thing!

Natalie said...

We decided to do the same thing about a year ago. I am sad to say we only went about twice because Madison has a similar problem. She will pedal, but is incredibly slow! Brody and I just kind of walk our bikes along (mine has a seat for Jason on the back) and it seems very long and pointless. :-) So hopefully this fall we can try again!

Karrie said...

FUN! Someday, when I have kids old enough to do the same, we will ride. we have great places to ride- a little rough for a bike trailer though. Should be a good workout with the trailer on the back.