Thank heavens we made it home safe, sound and all in one piece! I feel like we drove to the end of the earth and back! I calculated approximately 52 hours of driving in a 3 1/2 week period. I don't think we'll EVER do that again, but it was worth it getting to see so many great people. I have SO much catching up to do now that we are home. I have laundry, cleaning and piles of mail to go through. Not fun. I have to say, we have returned home with a renewed sense of family. That is really what life is all about. Yes, we have our own little family to raise and be with, but we miss all of our extended family too. We have none here. We are really hoping to make it back to live closer to family soon. Until then, we are home.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Emily, I'm so glad that you were able to go on your trip! I know it was a lot of work to do so much of it on your own! Thanks for coming over and our girls night was so much fun!
It's a miracle that you made it home in one piece after all of that driving! Glad you didn't have any car problems along the way and that you drove so safely! How great!
I bet you are so glad to be back and especially ready for school to start! Have fun unloading, unpacking, doing laundry and school shopping!
SO glad to know you are finally home. Even though I'd rather you were here. LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU SNIFFING THE AIR. too funny.
Post a Comment