I was trying to think about how many temples I have been to in my adult life and I think I have been inside around 12. Each one was special for different reasons. The Los Angeles temple is special because that's where Rob and I were sealed. The Columbia River temple is special because we lived just miles from it and my in-laws are workers there. The St. George temple is special because my parents and grandparents were sealed there and I used to be able to see it from the kitchen window of my great grandmother's house. Although the Mesa, Arizona temple doesn't have any real sentimental reasons for being special, I have to say it is really one of the most beautiful temples I have been in. The outside isn't really anything too unique, but the temple grounds are AMAZING! There are fruit trees and so many pretty flowers. The inside of the temple is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love it! I'm looking forward to visiting it again tomorrow while Rob and I spend a couple days in Phoenix. I am craving the spirit I feel when I go there and I really need some spiritual upliftment.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This was a good post Em. I bet you are looking forward to your time together with Rob. It's so nice to be able to leave the world behind and just enjoy the peaceful moments in the temple! Love the new template and the order on your header!!
It is fun to hear what different temples mean to different people. In fact on Friday night I had the sweetest conversation with you mother in law about her work in the Columbia River Temple. She is such a cool lady! Enjoy your time with Rob!
Post a Comment