I want my amazing Dad to know how much I love him and appreciate all that he has done for me throughout my life. I was sitting in church today thinking about him and what he means to me. I think one of the greatest gifts my Dad has given me is a testimony of the gospel. Growing up I KNEW that my Dad had a testimony. I knew this because he shared his testimony often with all of us, but I knew most of all by his example of selfless service in the church. He was ALWAYS serving tirelessly in different callings. I remember on Sundays, I would rarely see him because he would get up and be gone before anybody else and he wouldn't get home until late. When he would get home, I could feel the spirit he would bring home with him. Some of my fondest memories of my Dad are him waking me up for school everyday growing up. He would stand in the doorway until I would get out of bed. He was always cheerful and up-beat. That always made my day! Did I mention he made an amazing ponytail? He would drive us to school and often stop for donuts on the way. I LOVED listening to his "oldies" music and loved when he would share all his trivia about the songs. He could tell me when a certain song came out, who sang it, where he was when he first heard the song, how long it was on the charts...it was awesome! My Dad is one of the most unselfish, giving, humble, funny, loving, forgiving...wonderful men in the world!! I'm sad I don't get to talk to him today. He is somewhere in Europe with my Mom. I miss him and wish I could give him a great big hug today. I love you Dad.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Happy Father's Day Dad!
(Don't you love the bangs in this picture? Don't laugh, you know you had them too!!)
Posted by Emily at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm laughing out loud at that picture. Yeah, I had those bangs too, so that's why it's so funny! That picture is crazy cuz it looks like a combo, between Caleb, Sarah, and Kennedy all in one! It's cute. Your dad sounds wonderful and I know how much he means to you! This was a good post Em!
I do love the bangs and what you said about your dad is great too! I like the new (final) look of your blog.
that is a great picture of dad! you're bangs are totally rad!
Post a Comment