Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yellowstone--'09

The highlight of our trip up north (besides seeing family) was definitely our Yellowstone experience. I had never been but have always wanted to.

I didn't get to go when everybody else went because I was sick, but Rob took me there on our way back to Idaho Falls. I found this ^ gem of a picture on my camera and thought it was really funny. Rob looks like he's holding a gun and he's about to shoot his brother Kendall in the butt. I'll have to ask Rob what this was all about.

I LOVED getting to experience Yellowstone with Ren. This boy is a hoot. He just soaked it all up and kept asking question after question. He was fascinated by the hot pools and wanted to know things that I had never even thought of. I've decided that my favorite age for hanging out with my kids is 5 and 6. Ren is very gullible too. I convinced him that a rock he picked up was actually the jaw piece of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

The Teton Mountains were amazing. I couldn't stop staring at them as we drove through the park. Absolutely GOR-GEOUS!

Yellowstone Falls was another favorite spot. Rachel was a little freaked out though.

Pretty, huh?

You can see in the background the steam coming up out of the hot pools. It was the strangest thing.
Love this boy too. I had fun hiking up a trail with my boys to see the craters and hot pools.

We were driving down the road and all of a sudden a herd of buffalo crossed the road in front of us. Those are some gnarly looking animals!

I can't wait to go back someday! I will never, ever forget the beauty that is Yellowstone. For sure on my top 5 list of most beautiful places I've ever been!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love Yellowstone! One of these summers we need to get back there. Ivan's parents only live about 90 miles from there. I'm glad you got to enjoy it!

Kris said...

I don't think I appreciate Yellowstone, I think it's cuz I went every year while growing up. Love the picture of the buffalo in front of your car! So funny!

Teresa Johnson said...

So beautiful! I haven't been since I was 15, but we'd like to make it up there sometime within the next year!

Williams Family Dirt said...

So jealous! Yellowstons is on my list of places to visit. Beautiful pictures!