Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bikes and Pumpkins

We had a great weekend. Saturday we took the kids (or should I say they took us) on a bike ride through the neighborhood. The weather was perfect and we got some much needed exercise.
Kennedy was hard to keep up with!

Here is Rob and I (behind camera) trying to catch up with the girls. Rachel and Fred Flinstone...I mean Ren were in the trailer. We rode to one of our neighborhood parks and the girls jumped off their bikes and climbed this thing.
Rachel preferred to sit and play with wood chips.



After the bike ride we drove to the pumpkin patch so the kids could get their yearly fix and we could enjoy the beautiful fall weather. I will admit, after going there a couple years back, I wasn't really looking forward to the experience, but it was lots of fun!

I propped Rachel up on this pumpkin to take her picture and she just sat there for the longest time. It was so cute.
The kids loved riding the horse carriage out to the pumpkin patch.
Kennedy chose this weird green pumpkin. She looks happy in this picture, but I assure you, shortly after this picture was taken drama broke out after everybody teased her about having the "ugly" pumpkin.


Our 5 little farm animals.
No. Rachel did NOT like the farm animals.

This little rooster just sat on the kids' shoulders. It was very cute. Ren was all smiles the whole time. He doesn't remember the last time we went. We all had such a great time!

10 comments:

tharker said...

I totally got a laugh out of the Fred Flintstone reference!

There is NO WAY you could get me to climb up that thing. Whatever it was, it looks too high for this wimp!

Very cute pumpkin patch pictures. I like that Kennedy chose the odd pumpkin. Too bad she got teased. And the picture of Rachel on the pumpkin is so cute.

Pearl Girl said...

such cute pictures. We have NOTHING like that here. I guess its too cold. We are learning about farm animals for preschool this week. I was going to take them out to a dairy and have ice cream on teh front lawn at teh dairy. But it is suposed to be bad weather all week. I wish I could take them there, or country mercantile. :(

Dalana and Mark said...

What a fun day for your family! I really love the picture of your "5 little farm animals"! So cute! We have something like that here, called the Berry Ranch and we're hoping to take the kids for FHE before Halloween. Thanks for sharing!

Kris said...

Seriously laughing about Fred Flinstone. I thought she had a stuffed Fred sitting next to her! Too funny! I also like the green odd pumpkin. So cute!!! I love the picture of all your kids' faces! Cute! What a fun activity! That looks like a great farm that you got to go to!

emily w. said...

Looks like a fun time. Tell Kennedy I think she's the coolest for choosing the green pumpkin. Way to be an original!

molly said...

How fun.I miss those kiddies!!tell them I love them,and that I would have definitly picked the weird green one for sure.I wrote a blog for my sisters!go check it out!I love you and miss you

ManicMandee said...

Hey Emily! Great post. We miss you guys so much. I need you! Anna and I wish you were here. We've been just sitting around picking our noses the entire time. It's miserable without you.

Emily said...

Yeah right. You guys suck. You know you are having all kinds of fun without me. No fair.

Williams Family Dirt said...

I love the pumpkin patch, I haven't found one yet to take the boys to. I just don't think they grow here! =)

Anna B said...

Was that an antenna I saw on Rachel's head? Please no! Love ya.