Friday, December 1, 2006

Random facts about me...

1. I am the 4th of 8 children
2. I was named after my Great Grandma Mary Emily Hughes and my middle name is after my Grandma B.
3. I was born one month early, during the famous Wasco ‘Rose Parade.’ The doctor was actually in the parade, which complicated things.
4. As a little girl, my Grandpa B. was my best buddy.
5. I used to love to eat radishes out of my Grandpa’s garden.
6. When I was about 5 or so, my brother and I pushed our little sister off of a small cliff in her stroller (she survived, thank goodness).
7. I tried to run away when I was about 7 years old, but I got home-sick after about 3 hours and came back home.
8. I owned a pair of leg warmers.
9. I used to be painfully shy.
10. My favorite singer used to be Cindy Lauper, I wanted to be like her so bad, I would brush all my hair over to one side.
11. My brothers and sisters tried to convince me that I was adopted from Mexico because I would get so tan in the summer. They said my real name was Rosarita.
12. When I was about 6 years old, my brother pulled me behind our ATC on my big wheel and I slid down the hill (asphalt) on my face.
13. I got my ears pierced when I was 8 years old.
14. I went to a ‘Magnet’ elementary school and was one of the few Caucasian kids in the school.
15. I took tap dance and stunk at it.
16. I was a flower in an “Alice and Wonderland” play when I was about 10.
17. I first shaved my legs at age 12.
18. I used to play the violin.
19. When I was little, I remember being so excited to wear maxi pads.
20. I loved my Mom’s cooking
21. My Dad used to do my hair sometimes when I was little. He made a great ponytail!
22. I have never been stung by a bee
23. I have never broken a bone.
24. I lived in a haunted house when I was 9 until I was 13.
25. I hated Junior High School.
26. I got my drivers license in Tennessee after taking NO behind the wheel training and very little practice.
27. When I was in High School and my brother T* was driving us home, he picked up a scary, homeless hitch-hiker and put him in the back seat next to me.
28. I had to get braces twice. I wore them for a total of 4 years!
29. I used to think Tuna was chicken.
30. I do not like ketchup—but will sometimes eat it if it comes out of those little packets you get at fast food restaurants.
31. I still mourn the death of my favorite dog name Speck. He died when I was about 12.
32. When I was 15 my parents took me on a trip to Europe. I didn’t appreciate it much then, but I am now grateful I had the experience.
33. I went to modeling school, where I learned how to tweeze my eyebrows.
34. I modeled active wear clothing on a cruise ship when I was 19.
35. I worked for State Farm Insurance for 3 years.
36. I’ve moved at least 20 times in my adult life.
37. I like to play the piano.
38. I only like potato salad when I’m pregnant.
39. I make a killer chocolate cake.
40. My favorite type of food is Mexican (maybe it’s because of my Mexican roots).
41. I don’t like any type of sea food.
42. I have a sock fetish.
43. My favorite scent is apple or cinnamon.
44. I don’t like raisins.
45. Fall is my favorite time of year.
46. My favorite flavor of ice cream is either chocolate peanut butter or Peppermint stick.
47. I am terrible at Math.
48. I love to watch the Wheel of Fortune and hope to be on the show someday.
49. I am obsessed with infomercials and am easily convinced.
50. I am very blessed!

No comments: